Is there a maximum number of drivers in TRS19?

rjbradley

I've run into an issue where I have added invisible track on my streets and then added about 30 to 40 horse-drawn wagons which are set up as locomotives to create some traffic on the streets. Problem is that some of them do not have drivers assigned when I start the session. Trying to assign drivers in the session is hit and miss. Some "trains" that did have drivers before I added the wagons have lost their drivers. Wondering if I have to come up with a different approach to create some olden days traffic on the streets.

In my current project I have 31 assigned drivers with no such problems. To help narrow down the possible causes what are your Driver Setup settings for:-

• Remove all existing drivers first
  • Generate new drivers for empty trains

Apart from that I did read here of a driver assignment bug in earlier builds of TRS19 but there have been no reports since various SP updates.

I checked those two settings and both are checked. The number of drivers matches the number of "locomotives" at 37. I still get several locomotives showing "Selected train has no driver". I can still get them to go in DCC mode using W, X and S, but there is no driver and no interface with the speed wheel etc.

Ok so I figured out a way to get all the drivers correctly assigned. At the start of the session, several locomotives are not assigned drivers. I deleted a locomotive on one consist and replaced it with a different locomotive and upon restarting the session, all locomotives have drivers assigned.
The session is pretty old and I've been adding to it whilst still adding to the route itself. I'm going to try to create a brand new session with similar numbers of locomotives and drivers and see if the results are similar or better.

My session has 40 drivers assigned and have no problem with them in TRS19

I have had over 40 drivers in the past with Trainz for Mac, which was I think Trainz12, and have reached similar numbers with TANE. So far, I haven't quite got that many in my trs19 routes, but I have had problems when I got over 30. In my humble opinion, problems are not just related to the number of locomotives and drivers, but also on the amount of track and scenery. I have one massive route that was working perfectly and then started going wrong not when I added yet another train, but when I added more buildings, scenery and signals. I imagine the limit is set by the capacity of one's computer. I have:
Processor: 3.3 GHz 6-Core Intel Core
Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5300 4 GB
Memory: 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

I think this is insufficient for TRS's greedy requirements.

I think this is insufficient for TRS's greedy requirements.

Unfortunately, that is the state of things in the gaming world. Customers want more realism, more features, faster responses, more options, options and even more options. Just look at the threads in these forums demanding that Trainz move over to 4K displays. Then it will be 8K and ... whatever comes next. All of these require faster and more powerful processors, more memory and GPUs cooled by ice taken straight from the south pole (there probably won't be any left at the north pole by then).

Back