New Superliners

PerRock

Moderator - Read the CoC!
It's great to see an expansion of the new Superliner fleet N3V! Although I noticed a few things that could use some tweaking.

On the coach car, there is a missing texture (should be the wheelchair icon)
Coach%20Missing%20Tex.jpg

The baggage car's stripes are messed up, they should be like the picture below the screenshot:
Bag%20Stripes.jpg

Amtrak_Stripes_PhVI.png

Both the diner & lounge (I think it's the tables) have clipping issues with the passengers:
Diner%20Clipping.jpg

Lounge%20Clipping.jpg

Finally all of the cars say "Coach" on the end regardless of what type of car they are:
Sleeper%20Coach.jpg

Otherwise nice cars looking forward to running them!

peter

This DLC installs 7 coaches and wagons, but no trace of the P42DC Phase IV as mentioned in description.

Hi Peter, appreciate the feedback. We will get these changes into the models ASAP. After you give them a good run please send over anymore feedback you find.

cheers,
Paul

Curious if it will be that way in game. Bare metal has to be one of the hardest things to model. I have seen coaches that look totally washed out, like some of the Super Chief cars, and some that look just plain gray, like some of the Amtrak locos. Finding just the right look for stainless steel appears to be very tricky.
EDIT: Errr, well I guess the Amtrak locos are painted silver or gray, duh.

Last edited:
I believe these are a typo and it's meant to be Phase V, which is what livery this livery was introduced with.

NO locomotive at all is installed and the consists use the P42DC Phase V provided with the "West From Denver" route.

confirmed via discord that the P42 intended to be included with the pack is just the built-in JR Ph.V one. no Ph.IV unit was ever going to be included, the store page was incorrect.

confirmed via discord that the P42 intended to be included with the pack is just the built-in JR Ph.V one. no Ph.IV unit was ever going to be included, the store page was incorrect.

Here is the full quote from Zec:
Hey guys, thanks for the feedback on the superliner cars. We are currently working on fixing the issues noted (and looking into why these were missed during testing!). :)

I've also confirmed with the team that the Phase IV noted in the description is a typo, the included loco in the pack is the Phase V version (note if you already have West From Denver installed, then you will already have this loco; and the coach and coach baggage cars, installed). We've fixed the typo in the store to reflect this. We may look into further liveries, of both the cars, and the locos in the future as well. However as with most of the items we have been producing lately, we have been focusing on one or two variants initially and then working to expand upon it over time.

13/32" seriously? I had to laugh at that one. Who in the world would ever notice that!?!?!

Someone with calibrated eyeballs - LOL

Another similar expression when I was in the
Air Force was calibrated elbows for mechanics
who thought that they didn't need a torque wrench.

Fred Bray

Where can I find these? I have a Trainz Plus Gold membership but can't find them anywhere for purchase or download.

On the Trainz Store, it says that this is only available for Trainz
Plus Gold even though the price is $24.95 (or $24.99, not sure
which). When will it be available for Trainz Plus?

Fred Bray

Sounds like it is in the two week period where it is only available to Gold subscribers. So less than two weeks.

PerRock, you created freeware Superliners, I just found them on your forums in different phases but the screenshot links don't work. The downloads did though. Are yours almost as good as the Trainz Plus ones? Because I want Amtrak Superliners and diners with detailed interiors but don't want to have to continually pay to be able to use them. Freeware is even better. I remember JosefPav having ones with detailed interiors. There were not so good ones on the DLS several years ago which didn't have interiors I believe or very basic ones. Any good free Amtrak diners with interiors with tables and chairs out there? There were diners on the Amtrak Trainz site where I got the Superliners but no screenshot and I have yet to test them in Trainz 19 or 22.

Back