Driver schedule rule

Lewiscc65

I noticed that when I downloaded my sessions from the DL that they would not run. I edited the session and found out that the "<kuid2:82445:90001:9> Driver Schedule Rule" that I used in TRS19 Is now a "PACKAGED, OBSOLETE" and the new PACKAGED one "<kuid2:82445:90001:10>" DOES NOT WORK. I am every upset about this since they are now listed as PACKAGED, I cannot do anything about it. I do not know why it will not take the assignments from the old one. I would have to edit each rule and reassign the drivers again. The rule may not have changed since the build is still 2.5 but there is no upload date. This PACKAGED s*** is really getting to me.

According to my copy of CM that rule is still available on the DLS for download as <kuid2:82445:90001:8> Driver Schedule Rule

The "Packaged" issue is usually (but not always) the result of content creators updating an asset and including it in a DLC package but not updating the version on the DLS. That particular packaged asset is created by user Transiberiano and, according to my CM, is in several DLC packages, including ECML Edinburgh-Dundee.

The latest update to Trainz Plus, SP5, seems (from my initial observations) to resolve this annoying issue by allowing the latest "Installed from DLS" version of the asset to be used in place of an updated "Packaged" asset that is not currently installed. I appreciate that that solution is of no help to you in this case.

Thanks pwar for your reply. The packaged asset is installed but the session will not work with it. There is no way I can go back to the old one that I can find, except to delete all the package ones that use it. That means I lose a lot of other assets that I use.

Try this option:-
Disable (not delete) the current package version of the asset
Download and install the last DLS version (the :8 version if not already installed). It will be shown in CM as "Installed from DLS, Obsolete" or "Installed from DLS, Newer version available".

If that does not work then you can still re-enable the packaged version.

Hi Lewis,
this is not good if basic driver commands are changed and packaged in a DLC
specially since it can (and in your case does) ruin other sessions where it is used
n3v has promised the higher version should then also be on the DLS.
Not sure if the TCCP system does this automatic, but would be best if it did

here a screen of the versions I see in TRS19 100240
drivschd.jpg

Spanish content creator transiberiano made it in 2004,
then a few versions never made it to the DLS
version 5, 6, 7 also in 2004, probably more languages added.
then in 2011 and 2015 2 edited version, could be by the CRG,
both in script and config there is no mention what was updated/changed

The safest way currently is to have at least 2 versions of Trainz installed
1 clean one without any DLC, where you make your own routes and sessions
1 version with DLC pure to drive those.

Questions:
-what DLC is the v10 packed in? (so we know what to avoid)
-have you send a bug report asking them to fix?

Quick and dirty fix:
copy v9 somewhere outside Trainz, open the config change it to v11, and add it
greetings GM

Last edited:
Thanks G.M., after noting your CM did not list it as packaged, I did some more checking. It seems that if you add a session that was packaged the CM would change it to a packaged asset. I am beginning to think that TRS22 is not handling the rule properly if it is not set up in that version. If I delete it from the session and add it back it works. That means anyone who downloads my sessions created in TRS19 to TRS22 will have to replace every driver rule in the session. I am sure some have thought they did not work and just deleted them. I can fix this on my end, but it will not help anyone else.

My CM does not show it as packaged, cause I hardly install DLC's
The whole idea of a DLC having it all complete and fast is understandable
it should however never affect other sessions already installed or made by a user
changing all sessions one by one by all users is not realistic.

Another thing I don't understand why would a route creator, update (or is allowed to update) a basic driver command?
not many people are skilled enough to script/update a driver command or rule

can you please tell what DLC contains the packaged v10, that causes this ?

I am not sure, but I have found that the updated "<kuid:-25:1485> Driver Setup" rule put on the DL Nov. 29, 2022, which is built in to TRS22 build 119450, does not replace the old one,
"<kuid:-16:2025> Driver Setup" built in to TRS19 build 117009. If you do download the new one, it will replace the old one, but no other driver rule will see the drivers listed in it. I hope someone else will look at this to make sure I am not missing something.

hi Lewis the new one -25:1485
has this:
obsolete-table
{
0 <kuid:-16:2025>
}
here in my Trainz plus it obsoletes as expected

Back