Elements coming in below surface?

I have elements (plants, details, cars, etc.) that are not always sticking to the surface elevation of the surrounding terrain. I click to the location and find it is below the surface. Move over ten feet and no problem. When I try to move the element or change it’s height it zooms around. I can not get the base to stick to the surface. Seems a bit random, but I can not figure out what is different. Dig holes were added along the facia edge, that’s how I can see under the surface. Any ideas?

Another way to see below the surface is to use "Wireframe view" by pressing F9. I have found in the past that corruption of the route or baseboard is the cause of that when building, or in the case of routes I did not build it can be because the asset was sunken into the ground for a specific purpose. eg. Treetops used as shrubs or buildings that are too tall for the scene.

I am using wire frame to see the asset. However, I am trying to figure out why this is happening. Are you suggesting the model is corrupted in someway?

I've noticed this when assets are near a dighole.
When adjusting the height, place your view and mouse pointer vertically above the asset and raise it up a bit at a time to get to your desired height.

Hope this helps,
Graham

I had a similar issue when I copied a yard from one part
of my route to the part that I was working on. All looked
great until I did a test run on this part of the route. All of
the cameras were underground. Had to switch to wireframe
to delete them.

Fred Bray

It is clearly an issue when I get close to the edge where any Dig-out was installed. Using the wire frame and hovering directly over the element to change its height helps a lot to get it back to the surface. Unfortunately, this silly issue really restricts trying to do some nice extra detailing near the front of the layout as it is time consuming to install an element, hunt for it, try to move it and change the height. Oh well, I will get over it…….LOL

Back