Issue accessing all of the DLC in TS2019 Content manager

jadebullet

might be back?
Hey guys,
I am currently trying to download some Fishlipsatwork DEMS. Specifically, NEC NJ, Philly - NY, and Allen Phil Tren.

I've run into an issue though. For some reason, clicking the "download with download manager" button in the web browser does absolutely nothing. It doesn't link to the Content manager or start a download.

So I decided to just use the CM to download it. But, for some reason even with the filter set up to "installed: False" and "author: Fishlipsatwork" only three assets show up.

No matter what I do, I can't get Content Manager to actually access the entirity of the DLS.

Does anyone know what is wrong?

Alternatively, can someone just email me the .cdp for these DEMS to jadebullet4 at yahoo.com?

I actually burned a 2 day FCT for this so I am kinda annoyed that I appear to have wasted that.

The problem is mostly likely with your web browser. Most browsers, at least all the well known and most commonly used ones, have dropped support for the File Transfer Protocol downloads that the DLS Web pages use. This is for security reasons, apparently FTP is easily hacked and can be used to take control/infect your computer.

I have not used FTP for many years now and use CM exclusively for downloading assets.

Do you know what browsers are still compatible?

Or why Content Manager isn't pulling up the whole DLC when I search in the Content Manager itself?

You beat me to that part of the answer.:) but I did look into the rest of it. I can only see 3 items on the DLS & 2 others that are in "unknown location" yet there are 198 of his assets on the DLS (web) Most of these are for TRS2004 with a few older ones for Service pack 2 of Trainz. I couldn't find a way to see all the others as the OP said.
I do remember someone in the past saying how to do it but couldn't find the post. I don't have any of Fishlipsatwork's assets as it wasn't my are of interest.

Do you know what browsers are still compatible?

I believe that there is a little know FTP utility that can be used but I do not know of it and I no longer trust FTP.

Or why Content Manager isn't pulling up the whole DLC when I search in the Content Manager itself?

Not sure what you mean by that. It could be a matter of setting the right Search Filter.

Also look at the Wiki Page https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Understand_Content_Manager_Status_Labels

uhS74Ij
uhS74Ij
Search filter wise, I have it set up as just "installed:false"

No other filters. Unfortunately this only brings up 3 Fishlipsatwork DEMs, which is odd.

And using the web browser to use the "download via Content manager" button rather than "download via ftp" does nothing.

(Link because for some reason imbedding images on this website doesn't seem to work for me right now. Might explain why some peoples images down show up in screenshot threads.)
https://imgur.com/a/uhS74Ij
uhS74Ij

Last edited:
A lot of people have been asking why assets show up on the white pages that don't show up in CM. Has N3V ever given an answer for this? It would appear they are pre-filtering assets that a number of members would like access to, and I am curious what the reason is. I mean there is plenty of mobile junk they don't filter out, so that can't be it. :eek:

A lot of people have been asking why assets show up on the white pages that don't show up in CM. Has N3V ever given an answer for this? It would appear they are pre-filtering assets that a number of members would like access to, and I am curious what the reason is. I mean there is plenty of mobile junk they don't filter out, so that can't be it. :eek:

There are a couple of reasons. For new content it's because the database hasn't been downloaded yet to Content Manager. For older content, the assets maybe hidden from newer versions of Trainz due to the assets being added to the faulty assets list for the Content Repair Group. These assets are still available to download as dependencies but not directly via Content Manager. You can either download these assets via the White Pages, or by right-clicking on them in Content Manager and choosing Download this version.

This unfortunately doesn't get rid of the mobile junk.

As John says plus some items have uploaded as hidden assets which you can do from the web uploader, think the idea there was items only needed as dependencies could be hidden from CM but still downloadable if an asset that requires them is downloaded from the DLS.

Then there is the Delay between an asset getting added to the DLS and your list of available content getting updated, this seems to happen a different times of the day for different installs, which I'm not sure but may be related to the original Trainz version install time.

Also if an asset has been uploaded then the creator has found an issue before it has been added to the DLS and immediately uploaded an update, the original version won't show until the kuid2 version appears.

Well, maybe. These generally seem to be older assets, so I am assuming they must be CRG, but it still seems odd.

Well, maybe. These generally seem to be older assets, so I am assuming they must be CRG, but it still seems odd.

Currently the repair list has gone up to 20187 items, we are fighting a loosing battle, the list just keeps growing regardless of things getting fixed.

Yow! I would volunteer if I could be any good. I can do the Images2TGA stuff on .texture files and a few other common basic fixes, but I am nowhere when it comes to the harder stuff. I would though, maybe like to see them add a CRG filter so one could at least check if it is there and maybe have a go at individual repairs.

Hey guys,
I am currently trying to download some Fishlipsatwork DEMS. Specifically, NEC NJ, Philly - NY, and Allen Phil Tren.

I've run into an issue though. For some reason, clicking the "download with download manager" button in the web browser does absolutely nothing. It doesn't link to the Content manager or start a download.

So I decided to just use the CM to download it. But, for some reason even with the filter set up to "installed: False" and "author: Fishlipsatwork" only three assets show up.

No matter what I do, I can't get Content Manager to actually access the entirity of the DLS.

Does anyone know what is wrong?

Alternatively, can someone just email me the .cdp for these DEMS to jadebullet4 at yahoo.com?

I actually burned a 2 day FCT for this so I am kinda annoyed that I appear to have wasted that.

The original fishlips dems or 62 of them are on the wayback machine https://web.archive.org/web/20080917052714/http://www.fishlips.net/Trainz/ some are downloadable not sure if all are though and from a quick look not the ones you are after.

The ones on the DLS are all mostly faulty so on the repair list, config needs updating to at least TS12 standard, copy the kuid from the white pages and paste it into the Custom Search under kuid where it should then show up, right click download this version should get them.
The Hog Textures should be on the DLS, the ones on the site would need updating with normal mapping and such.

Web Browsers other than Pale Moon no longer support FTP due to Microsoft reporting that it is insecure, to download from the white pages you need to install an FTP client such as WinSCP, click the download link and a window should popup asking you what you want to use to download, select WinSCP and it will then download.

Back