Using old DLC in newer version

AntonyVW

Hi folk
Its been a long time since I played around with this game. So I have just purchased trainz22 and I am wondering if old DLC I purchased previously, (such as the Settle and Carlie line), can be used with this version? Im sure its probably been asked and answered before but hoping for a quick simple answer.

thanks
Antony

Hi Anthony, yes DLC such as the Settle and Carlisle should work in TRS22. I have a lot of routes from previous editions. There may be faulty assets that need to be fixed but we can help you to fix these here.

Kind regards,

Gary

Notice that you have Trainz Plus so you can download the latest version of DLC from the content store. These should all be up to date for TRS22.

Thanks for the help folk. As for Trainz+, well its my birthday in a few days so my wife has treated me. :) I have a lot of catching up to do though. Lol

Ok following on from the above, I already have a copy of the Settle and Carlisle route (yes, it is listed in my digital downloads, and I have a key for it). However, when I go into TRS22 - start trains - my collection, it shows the route with a purchase price rather than an install button like a few other items do. Also when I go to the content store on the launcher, it does not list it under purchased, but under store with a purchase price. Any help would be appreciated, thank you

Last edited:
Was your original purchase of the S&C route with same account your Trainz Plus is under? If so, then it sounds like you need to email the Help Desk. If it's all under the same account your Payware (DLC) should show in TRS22 Store under purchased. You might also try to reset your account userid in game also. Is your userid showing in the Store panel (top left under the bold "Trainz Content")?

In the post, it says that there's a key for the S&C, which makes it sound like it's the version for TS2009/10/12. If that's the case, then I'm not sure if you get the TANE version for free or if you have to buy it again. Like 1611mac said, contact the Helpdesk.

Key indicates it is the old version, new version was only digital so no key required and required purchasing again, at the time I think there was a discount for existing owners of the original version.
There were quite a few updates in the newer version which is presumably why it was charged for. Had a good look but can't find the thread on here that covered the upgrade.

Currently the latest version is $24.99 and if you have Plus I think you can get a discount off it. If you have Gold Plus then it should be available under the free DLC.

Did you download TRS22 or TRS22 Plus? The plus version has the Settle ready to install from the content store purchased page.

Thanks everyone for the responses. Sorry about the delay replying, but its been a busy weekend.
I can confirm that the DLC mentioed was bought prior to Tane. So I guess I need to look at repurchasing it. Thanks for the help.

Antony

Back