Red Signals

trent.911

I'm very new to TANE and I'm messing around in surveyor. Laid out a small route and was working on placing signals at a pair of crossovers and no matter what I do one of the signals is always red over red. No switches are lined against them and there are signals after that farther down the line. I've checked the box to see how they operate without a train and they're always red. I'm using the G Type Signals from Jointed Rail. I have no idea how to fix this any help will be much appreciated.

Make sure your locomotive is facing towards the signals - the green arrow means the forward direction of the train, otherwise they will remain red.

Make sure your locomotive is facing towards the signals - the green arrow means the forward direction of the train, otherwise they will remain red.

Yeah, the JR signals do not indicate correctly for trains operating in reverse. Major issue. Too bad, they are very pretty. See if using a different signal works better.

:B~)

Yeah, the JR signals do not indicate correctly for trains operating in reverse. Major issue. Too bad, they are very pretty. See if using a different signal works better.

:B~)

RRSignal's used to display a caution (yellow) when facing the opposite direction but I don't know if that's the case any longer.

The only way to get the JR signals to display the proper aspect is to flip the train direction which I find annoying because when in the cab, the controls reverse making the driving awkward.

Back