Just generally confused on this cars purpose

UnionPacificFan1005

ignore user, GTW foamer
So, I'm a recent buyer of the Eagle River route on JR. However, there's one car I'm confused what the purpose to it is. It's the brake control car. I can't find any real life examples of it, and also for some reason it sprays something??????????????? I'm really wondering what it's there for.

As to why it is spraying something: The model is a reskin of <kuid:175455:101272> RVSX Weed Control Car
Eagle River is a fictional railroad and they have in the creator's world Brake Control Cars.
I would hazard to guess they are for use as shoving platforms in the switch backs for the conductor to control the brakes in the fictional world of Eagle River.

I never looked into it after getting the route, but I assumed it was additional air (compressor, reservoir, etc), for the brakes due to heavy loads and grades. Like having another loco on the rear running, but no prime mover.

Last edited:
So, I'm a recent buyer of the Eagle River route on JR. However, there's one car I'm confused what the purpose to it is. It's the brake control car. I can't find any real life examples of it, and also for some reason it sprays something??????????????? I'm really wondering what it's there for.

Looked into it and discovered a bunch of settings if you ctrl-rightclick the car in driver. Among them, toggles to turn the sprayer on and off!

Back