Looking for Undecorated Locomotives

jeff1959

I am trying to find undecorated models of the GP50 and GP18. If there's one out there I can't seem to find it. I would love a layered template, but I suspect that's as easy to find as an Amtrak train that consistently runs on time. :eek: I'm working on getting several of the locomotives on the Chicago Rail Link painted. Those are the two I can't find to paint. BTW, these are simply for personal use.

If this isn't the correct place for this kind of question, please move to the proper location. Thanks.

I used 19's content manager to list all gp18 and gp50 locomotives with a build number of 3.5 or higher. None of them were undecorated or unpainted. It looks like you'll either need to find ones that are easy to repaint, or look elsewhere online. Good luck.

I am trying to find undecorated models of the GP50 and GP18. If there's one out there I can't seem to find it. I would love a layered template, but I suspect that's as easy to find as an Amtrak train that consistently runs on time. :eek: I'm working on getting several of the locomotives on the Chicago Rail Link painted. Those are the two I can't find to paint. BTW, these are simply for personal use.

If this isn't the correct place for this kind of question, please move to the proper location. Thanks.

Now, you can't release these skins, but hear me out. Get the Coal Country route and get ahold of the GP18. Get rid of the RPPX details plus Conrail doors. Paint it how you see fit, then save and commit the asset. For the GP50, this will take a bit more work, but buy any JR GP50 you want that meets the CRL specification, then open the bump map and make it gray and black. Paint how you want then save and commit. You'll probably want to fiddle with the GP50 colors and bump map to get it right. Hope this helped!

Now, you can't release these skins, but hear me out. Get the Coal Country route and get ahold of the GP18. Get rid of the RPPX details plus Conrail doors. Paint it how you see fit, then save and commit the asset. For the GP50, this will take a bit more work, but buy any JR GP50 you want that meets the CRL specification, then open the bump map and make it gray and black. Paint how you want then save and commit. You'll probably want to fiddle with the GP50 colors and bump map to get it right. Hope this helped!

Thanks, I will try that.

Back