App that can open cdp files?

This sounds weird, yes I know, but I am wondering if there is an application (that isn't risky to use) that can open CDP files other than Trainz games such as Trainz 12, T:ANE, 2019, etc...

So is there an application out there that can safely open CDP files?

I kind of figured I would be questioned. A JointedRail dlc I bought seems to contain an asset that Tidewater V3 uses. The Mijack crane. I can't edit the asset because TRR and AI use the same crane, so I figured if there's an app that can safely open a cdp (probably the most unrealistic thing I've ever said or even thought), then I might be able to authorize myself to edit the Mijack Crane asset. Look, it's long story that I don't feel like explaining and Database repairs are not an option. I'm not doing anything illegal, so I don't see how it's necessary to ask me what I plan on doing with what.

I kind of figured I would be questioned. A JointedRail dlc I bought seems to contain an asset that Tidewater V3 uses. The Mijack crane. I can't edit the asset because TRR and AI use the same crane, so I figured if there's an app that can safely open a cdp (probably the most unrealistic thing I've ever said or even thought), then I might be able to authorize myself to edit the Mijack Crane asset. Look, it's long story that I don't feel like explaining and Database repairs are not an option. I'm not doing anything illegal, so I don't see how it's necessary to ask me what I plan on doing with what.

There's CDP Explorer found here.

Software - Trainz Romania (tapatalk.com)

It works okay.
You can export individual assets from the CDP. They're exported to folders and not as another CDP.

There is an app called cdpExplorer or cdpExpander. I am not at my computer for the correct name. You open the app then drag and drop a cdp file on it to display the contents. It is really handy if you have a large cdp file and only want one or two specific assets, as you can extract them individually.
EDIT: oops! I took a break and John beat me to it.

What the OP is asking is a violation of the CoC.

9. Giving, discussing, requesting, or linking to information that is either directly or indirectly related to obtaining pirated or unauthorized copyrighted materials, serial numbers, serial number generators and No-CD patches may result in an immediate ban.

By stating that he intends to override the payware protection scheme of the asset in question.

I'm not doing anything illegal, so I don't see how it's necessary to ask me what I plan on doing with what.
I'm not accusing you, I'm just wondering what else I could use for you ...

There's CDP Explorer found here.
CDP Explorer I understand doesn't open a CDP ...it just shows Kuid number and (if any) other included CDPs ... but no edit.

By stating that he intends to override the payware protection scheme of the asset in question.
If the intention is to take only one part ( if it is payware I suppose it is protected against editing ) I think Wreeder is correct ...

Cheers

I'm not accusing you, I'm just wondering what else I could use for you ...

CDP Explorer I understand doesn't open a CDP ...it just shows Kuid number and (if any) other included CDPs ... but no edit.

If the intention is to take only one part ( if it is payware I suppose it is protected against editing ) I think Wreeder is correct ...

Cheers

You can export the asset by right-clicking on the asset listed on the line then by clicking on Export CDP... I've done that when doing just as the OP ask about when I had to repair a dorked DLC route because N3V never bothered to repair the route. I had the same asset backed up in among my CDPs of content I downloaded from third-party sites or purchased elsewhere. I then took the config.txt up versioned the KUID to obsolete the dorked asset and that fixed the DLC by removing the missing dependency.

Yep, right click on the Mijack crane asset in content manager and open in explorer. The guts of the file is now exposed for editing, which is ok to do as long as you keep it to yourself. Distribution of such an asset IS illegal and may even include uploading screenshots of the edited asset.
My understanding from a previous thread is that he wants to repair the script, which is faulty.

Last edited:
He can edit the asset afterwards and do whatever he wants if it's for his own use.

You're right, John. But that isn't my point. Discussing this in the forum is against the CoC as it can be used to defeat the copy protection. I care little what he is doing with the asset. Just don't talk about it here as this is a public forum that anyone can read. That is the thing with security by obscurity, if everyone knows the key is under the flower pot next to the front door then your house isn't secure.

You're right, John. But that isn't my point. Discussing this in the forum is against the CoC as it can be used to defeat the copy protection. I care little what he is doing with the asset. Just don't talk about it here as this is a public forum that anyone can read. That is the thing with security by obscurity, if everyone knows the key is under the flower pot next to the front door then your house isn't secure.

I agree.

He did already have an unencrypted version though in American Intermodal.

Yeah it's a public forum I know, but I am not planning on editing or doing anything malicious. I wouldn't have had to explain anything if someone didn't ask me why I needed a CDP explorer and I'm not technically violating ToS because I was never intending to obtain anything I wasn't authorized to obtain. I only wanted a CDP explorer because I didn't know I wasn't supposed to install TRR before installing AI since they use the same crane. I heard TRS 2019 bamboozled complex scripts, therefore causing advanced assets like the Mijack crane from AI to stop functioning correctly, so I wanted to see if I could attempt to replace the crane both routes use with the AI Crane. I would then be able to open the Crane for edit then submit edits (a much more pleasant alternative to database repair I found on a different thread) so I can play sessions using the AI crane without having to do a database repair every time I want to play a session that contains the AI Mijack Cranes. Like I said, I wouldn't have had to explain this if someone didn't ask what I needed a CDP explorer for.

I'm not accusing you of anything wrong. But this is not the place to be having this discussion. At this point since you have your answer, it might be best to ask the mods to delete this thread.

Back