American Intermodal Cranes Not Working For Trainz 2019

I know this issue has been brought up before in a very old 3 year old thread, but I am unfortunately having the script issue mentioned in the thread discussing the container crane issue.

One of the users had suggested doing a Database repair which seems to reset the script for the Mijack crane, allowing the crane to work again. But, this has to be done every time one wants to play a session containing the Mijack cranes. I HATE database repairs myself. On my device which is a potato, they take anywhere from 30-45 minutes to complete and can even take longer since I have a lot of content in the game, with a good 60% of the content being 3rd Party Freeware, 30% being Payware dlc from Steam and the Trainz Store, and 10% being 3rd Party Payware from RRmods and JointedRail, and try to avoid database repairs when possible, so I looked further into the thread and the same user came up with a much better alternative to a database repair. The alternative was to open Content Manager, navigate to Mijack Translift 1200R using the search bar in CM, then open the crane asset config file and without touching anything, submit the edits (even though no edits are supposed to be done) and then start the session containing the Mijack cranes and boom, they work properly after 60 seconds like they're supposed to. Unfortunately for me...

I can't edit the config file because when I attempt to do so, I am given an error stating I have no permission to edit the file, therefore preventing me from opening the asset for edit and summiting changes to fix the scripting issue. I spent last night thinking about why I don't have permission to edit a JointedRail asset since JointedRail assets aren't locked like Trainz assets from Steam and the Trainz Store. I then concluded that it must be Tidewater Point Railroad 3.0/V3 causing the issue because I first bought Tidewater 3.0 months ago before buying American Intermodal. Tidewater comes with a Mijack Translift Crane which I believe is the same Translift crane that comes with American Intermodal. So far, the only thing I can think of is to uninstall Tidewater Point Railroad 3.0 and reinstall the American Intermodal cdp file that contains the Mijack crane, so I can edit the crane at will, then reinstall TRR after reinstalling the AI cdp file containing the crane. But I feel like if I reinstall TRR, then the dlc may prevent me from editing the crane again, so I don't know what to do. I also don't want to permanently remove TRR from Trainz 2019 because I really love the route, and I also love American Intermodal just as much as I love Tidewater, so what solution is there?

The asset is a DLC item which means it's locked by the author, so this has nothing to do with N3V.

If you install the American Intermodal version, the asset will be open for edit if it's the same build as the one installed in the DLC TRR route. If the asset is older in the AI version, it'll be marked obsolete.

You can't edit the same version, but the obsolete version you can.

Clone the obsolete AI version and do what you need to do with that one.

You won't know until you try.

If you do end up installing the same version, you will need to revert to original, otherwise, there can be issues with the TRR route.

The asset is a DLC item which means it's locked by the author, so this has nothing to do with N3V.

If you install the American Intermodal version, the asset will be open for edit if it's the same build as the one installed in the DLC TRR route. If the asset is older in the AI version, it'll be marked obsolete.

You can't edit the same version, but the obsolete version you can.

Clone the obsolete AI version and do what you need to do with that one.

You won't know until you try.

If you do end up installing the same version, you will need to revert to original, otherwise, there can be issues with the TRR route.

I tried installing AI, but I already had TRR installed way before that. When I imported the Intermodal Facility cdp, upon importing the Mijack Crane asset, it said that the asset was already installed, so TRR V3 uses the same Mijack asset that AI uses.

I tried installing AI, but I already had TRR installed way before that. When I imported the Intermodal Facility cdp, upon importing the Mijack Crane asset, it said that the asset was already installed, so TRR V3 uses the same Mijack asset that AI uses.

That's what I thought might happen.

The alternative then is to uninstall TRR and then install American Intermodal.

Go into the dependencies and clone the MJACK asset and then reinstall TRR if you want.

It says "TADInstallAssetPackage><kuid2:45324:123100:1>"Mijack Translift 1200R"
Asset<kuid2:45324:123100:1>is already installed
Not authorized to open asset<kuid2:45324:123100:1> for editing
Unable to open asset <kuid2:45324:123100:1> for writing

So TRR V3 and American Intermodal literally use the same Mijack crane. And I can't find an "obsolete" version because there isn't an obsolete version. AI uses the same crane TRR uses.

This screenshot was taken using Trainz 2019 so I know it works. Did you try and put the crane in the route layer? For me it works in 2019 and 2022.

GTqHt4w.jpg

Okay so one thing before I do this. Should I rename the cloned asset so as to not get both of them confused and also to prevent TRR from trying to overwrite the cloned asset (probably an unrealistic fear, but you never know)?

I should have asked earlier but are you using the well cars that came with American Intermodal? Try the TTX 48 Husky Stack Late <kuid2:45324:300019:1> and see it that does anything.

Okay so I cloned the Mijack crane and put "American Intermodal" in the name so it's easy to find. Now it's missing one dependency that can't be found on the dlc. The dependency is "53ft Semi Trailers" <kuid:334896:120012> and Idk where to look. I tried JR but the site doesn't have that dependency.

Okay so I cloned the Mijack crane and put "American Intermodal" in the name so it's easy to find. Now it's missing one dependency that can't be found on the dlc. The dependency is "53ft Semi Trailers" <kuid:334896:120012> and Idk where to look. I tried JR but the site doesn't have that dependency.

It's a Jointed Rail freeware product. Download and install the full pack.

TOFC Pack – JointedRail.com

I just removed the dependency. Also, the crane slightly works. So, the train I was operating stopped and I wasn't able to control it, which is what is supposed to happen when a player train enters an industry, but the crane still didn't move. Am I supposed to give the crane commands, or is it supposed to automatically recognize that a loaded wellcar train is ready to be unloaded?

I just removed the dependency. Also, the crane slightly works. So, the train I was operating stopped and I wasn't able to control it, which is what is supposed to happen when a player train enters an industry, but the crane still didn't move. Am I supposed to give the crane commands, or is it supposed to automatically recognize that a loaded wellcar train is ready to be unloaded?

You may need to give the driver in the MJack crane commands. I can't remember because it's been a very long time since I ran the route as installed. Like I said, I turned the big intermodal yard into two yards for incoming and outgoing freight, after merging the yard into my own route.

20221126130918_1.jpg

So here, you can see that the unloading process has started after 60 seconds, but the Mijack crane is still not moving. I have the AI 48ft TTX wellcars loaded with 40ft High Cubed containers. The trucks are also arriving as well, but again, the crane is still not moving and I don't know what else to do.

Back