Lets talk horns!

DARTrider

Goofy Fictional RR Owner
I've wanted to start a thread about horns for a while, and here it is. I kinda would like this thread to be a resource for hornsound creators or people just looking for cool-sounding train horns, or just talking about your favorites. Whistles are allowed too!

To start, here's a very interesting custom-built Nathan P7X horn built by the late Edward Kaspriske. It has a very unique sound and is on my list for horns to make in Trainz, along with MaFarnz's Nathan P6. Talk about lots of bells! Enjoy.

A major 6th. Notes are given at the end. I always wonder when I hear a horn or whistle what the notes are.

MaFarnz's YouTube channel is interesting. Goes very far back, too. Thanks for sharing @Dartrider

Here's the Nathan P6 I was talking about. Kinda sounds like an M5, but I don't like how it tails off near the end with the low-pitched bell going just a bit longer than the others.

As said before, I finally put the Nathan P7X in-game. Here's a video demonstrating it's capabilities.

That P6 sounds like something going through Burlingame CA late night freight.

How do you adjust the horn volume to be louder than crossing gates, like in real life?

Back