Very slow download speeds ?

Since yesterday I have been experiencing some very, very slow download speeds. For example, to download the Lone Pine Branch route (8,4 MB), the estimated time is over 4 hours. This should only be a matter of minutes. Am I the only one with this problem? There are no issues with my internet and speed tests confirm that my download is as expected.

My config: Trainz+ Gold, Build 119450, Internet: 1500 Mbps down, 900 MBps up (fiber optic connection).

Thanks in advance,

Papa de 05

8800 MB is the size of the route estimated time here 67 minutes that's on 75 Mbps fibre. Maybe a problem with the routing between you and the servers the data passes through none of which N3V or your ISP has any control over, maybe try a different DNS server to get a better route if the problem persists.

Speeds for me have been slow as well when trying to download DLC packages. I guess the direct routing has been broken so it has to take another route that's longer to get from Amazon's servers to my computer...

Cheers

8800 MB is the size of the route estimated time here 67 minutes that's on 75 Mbps fibre. Maybe a problem with the routing between you and the servers the data passes through none of which N3V or your ISP has any control over, maybe try a different DNS server to get a better route if the problem persists.

Appreciate the suggestion. Everything was fine until yesterday. It's too bad there is no real download manager with Trainz as I would not be as concerned about cancelling a download half the way through.

Would you happen to know what address I should use to ping or traceroute to figure out if this is the problem?

Would you happen to know what address I should use to ping or traceroute to figure out if this is the problem?

Done another test and now getting a download speed that is all over the place at the moment according to my download monitor and not very good, fluctuating between around 6Mbps down to 2.8Mbps. Estimated 10 minutes to download 322MB

Looks like that it's 54.152.220.195, I used TRS19 on a test download from the store and checked active connections. it's timing out on Tracert and unable to ping it. flushed DNS and changed DNS server but made no difference.

54.152.220.195 is ec2-54-152-202-195.compute-1.amazonaws.com

Also, suddenly speed low. I downloaded some stuff a few hours earlier but now we are into the multiple hours spectrum. Stopped the so-called download and waiting for the first shift in Australia to arrive at work.
Quite annoying.

It came back for several minutes and my download finished. Now essentially down again.

Last edited:
I noticed that as well yesterday, but I attributed that to other issues because I was playing around with some Linux VMs at the same time.

Another one, here in the UK a 6373MB download of a route is showing 341 minutes and crawling along. Was the same yesterday when I tried.

No problems on my fixed wireless snail band here in Oz. DLC route showed 51 minutes and downloaded in 24 at peak after school time.

With me in Switzerland it is a mere crawling in the moment. More than two hours for a map with 9 GB. Otherwise my download speed is 1 - 2 GB per minute.

Regards
Swordfish

Good morning from Canada,

It's still the same here. Just started a to download Centralla Sub Division (15 094 MB). It's telling me close to 10 hours! I have not submitted a formal ticket on this. Should I do so? Admittedly I'm a bit unfamiliar with tickets on this sort of item. Thanks,

This morning, at 0640 in Ottawa, Canada (1140 UTC, Thursday, 24 November 2024), the download speed appears to have returned to normal. Thanks,

Papa de 05

EDIT: I spoke too early. I'm now facing the same problem. A 10 hour (600+ minute) download time for the Centrella Sub Division route.

Last edited:
Had an acknowledgment for my report to the help desk.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Good Afternoon Clam1952
Thank you for reporting this to us. Our team are looking into this; however unfortunately with the recent changes to the TrainzPlus Gold membership our servers have been seeing a much larger increase in downloads then we had expected. We are working on this, however it may take a little time for it to be resolved.
[/FONT]

Back