Hump Yard -- Consist derailing when coupling

birdieboy97

Hello everyone,

This is my first post on the forum -- simply because I haven't been able to find any answers anywhere else on the forum. I have downloaded the NS Sandusky District route in TRS2019, which is a fantastic route, but I'm having some problems operating the hump yard. Consists are constantly derailing at the back end of the hump when coupling. I've never been able to get more than 8 or 9 cars in a single consist on any track before another car couples to the consist and derails them all.

In some cases I felt like the cars were moving too fast, so I actually tried to add more of the CDE Speed Retarders v2 and never allowed a rail car to roll more than 5 mph -- spacing out the retarders so that they would keep cars rolling, but not allow them to get too fast... but I ultimately had the same problem. Cars were still derailing when coupling up to consists.

I post this in the broader thread, because I am wondering if there is any way to disable derailments when coupling all together. I'm not particular about how fast the cars are going when coupling -- just as long as they don't derail. The focal point of the route is the hump yard, but when every consist derails, the yard becomes inoperable.

Has anyone else had a similar problem and found a solution? On this route or any others? Thanks in advance. Screenshots below:

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

As each wagon has different dynamics, based on weight on some, depending on the how each one is loaded or not loaded etc, you may never get the same speed off the hill into the yard.

You could use this;
<kuid:647907:100951> CDE DSR Remote Control

It can controll the retarders in your driver orders, so uncouple car #3 and set retarder using the remote to get the right speed for each wagon, and not an easy task to perfect.

Other than that the yard itself may have too steep of an decline down the hill...

Just some ideas for you

Thank you for your response, I greatly appreciate it -- I'll look into the DSR Remote Control and see if I can master that process. I would love to be able to set a train to push over the hump and let it go while I do other things, and I believe escd84 intended it to be operable that way -- and I see that with some set up at the beginning, the DSR Remote Control should allow that.

The interesting thing is, even when cars are traveling less than 4 or 5 mph, they're still derailing when they couple -- which seems a little extreme.

Although it was far from realistic realistic, I do at times miss the days when I could couple at any speed I wanted to in Trainz and it wouldn't derail. I wish there was a way where you could turn derailments off completely in TRS2019 to avoid strange scenarios like this, but I haven't found that that's an option.

Thanks again!

Hi
i also like to find out something about this super cool route
i love the coal unloader
but i can not find any place on the route where you
can load coal on to the hoppers
regards
herlev

Hi
i also like to find out something about this super cool route
i love the coal unloader
but i can not find any place on the route where you
can load coal on to the hoppers
regards
herlev
The area in Ohio doesn't have any mines. All the coal comes in from other areas such as other parts in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Kentucky and Southern Illinois where the trains bring the coal to the docks for export elsewhere.

Last edited:
Back