Reset List, and other resetting rules

davidbird

ex-Chilwellian
I have set up a test route and session, which invloves a repeating rule with a set of child rules.

I am aware of problems with the "Reset List" rule, so have tried using "Check Tracksdde" rule kuid2:122381:10011:6 (packaged in TRS22) and also the built-in "Trigger Check" rule, kuid:-25:1296; both set to repeat or reset when child rules are complete.

With both of these, the sequence of child rules executes perfectly on the first run.

But when I go to repeat the sequence, they fail, at a different place in the sequence for the 2nd and 3rd runs.

Has anybody made a repeat sequence of rules run sucessfully on repeats? If so, how?

One part of your post does confuse me.

But when I go to repeat the sequence, they fail

My understanding and experience of this rule (but I have not used it for some time) is that the rule repeats itself - i.e. it operates in a never ending loop. You do not attempt to repeat it yourself.

I suspect that if you attempt to repeat it, by whatever means such as adding it again in the session rule sequences, it will fail because the child rules will be competing against themselves.

My understanding at least.

One part of your post does confuse me.
My understanding and experience of this rule (but I have not used it for some time) is that the rule repeats itself - i.e. it operates in a never ending loop. You do not attempt to repeat it yourself.
Apologies if that is not clear.
I have set up the "Trigger Check" rule so that when I manually switch a junction, a "dummy" train is within reach of a trigger. The Trigger Check then activates a series of child rules, which sucessfully go to completion (the child rules include another "Trigger Check" rule, so they complete when the manual junction is switched back to it's original position).
It is when switching the junction for a second time, that the sequence is repeated.

However further testing seems to indicate it is the "Post Message" rules that I have included within the sequence of child rules that causes the problem. Without them, the sequence seems to repeat sucessfully each time, although it is much harder to follow the progress...

Back