Extremely Frustrated

Okay, one more frustration with lack of documentation. What does the little window in some of the sessions where there is this Bell type thing, a switch, and what looks to be a "dart board" that is in the top right of the screen? That dartboard type thing is sometimes also on the dash of the locomotive. If I hover over the Bell type thing, it says "Acknowledge AWS Warning" and the switch says "Isolate AWS in this CAB". The dart board thing doesn't ever seem to do anything and no hover text. How do I use these and what are they for?

Advance Warning System. If set up it will give an alarm to the driver that the next signal is red. If the driver does not cancel it the train will go into automatic braking as a safety precaution. The driver may be dead or passed out so the train stops.

Okay, one more frustration with lack of documentation. What does the little window in some of the sessions where there is this Bell type thing, a switch, and what looks to be a "dart board" that is in the top right of the screen? That dartboard type thing is sometimes also on the dash of the locomotive. If I hover over the Bell type thing, it says "Acknowledge AWS Warning" and the switch says "Isolate AWS in this CAB". The dart board thing doesn't ever seem to do anything and no hover text. How do I use these and what are they for?

The Automatic Warning System (AWS) was introduced in the 1950s in the United Kingdom to provide a train driver with an audible warning and visual reminder that they were approaching a distant signal at caution.

The Dartboard or "sunflower" is just an indicator. The bell you click to acknowledge the warning Bell if signal Clear or Buzzer if it's not. Only applicable if the route you are running has AWS on it.

Real life description https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automatic_Warning_System

You have to either acknowledge the warning or Isolate it and turn off so it doesn't bother you in which case the Sunflower in the Hud turns black with a red cross on it showing it's disabled.

New frustration.... this is the second time I have been bitten by this. In working a session, the creator says that I need to change trains with my current driver. It says in TRS19, to click on the drivers avatar and select "Move to destination..." and select the marked locomotive. Well, in TRS2019, I click on the driver, and the list of drivers popup, but I don't see the command they mention. My driver only has one icon that is illuminated (Focus on driver). I'm over an hour into this session, so how to do I complete this task without going nuts?

I think there is an icon within the driver's section that causes a crosshair to appear. Move the crosshair to the desired engine, and left click.

Back