Changes will not be applied.

Astronom

Hello people
there are quite a few kuid's that contain HTML text pages. I have translated such a kuid once into German. However, the changes were not taken over by the content manager. How do I have to proceed so that my changes are accepted and taken over?

Greetings
Astronom

Hi Astonom,
I guess it has to do with config.txt: usually there are local tags to be used to call the correct thing/string translated. In this moment I'm not near my trainz so I cannot help you more.

It all depends on how the HTML has been added to the asset.

As sister mentions above, the HTML could be in string tags in the assets config.txt file in which case you can add language specific tags containing the translated texts. For example:-

string-table
{
warning_message_stop "You have passed a stop signal. Apply your brakes immediately"
warning_message_speed "You are speeding. Slow down"
}

You can add the following:-

string-table-fr
{
warning_message_stop "Vous avez passé un signal d'arrêt. Appliquez vos freins immédiatement"
warning_message_speed "Vous accélérez. Ralentir"
}
string-table-nl
{
warning_message_stop "Je hebt een stop-signaal geslaagd. Breng je remmen onmiddellijk aan"
warning_message_speed "Je versnelt. Vertragen"
}

In your case, for German, the tag would be "string-table-de". Trainz will select the language version that matches the language set in Trainz Settings.

The HTML text could also be in a separate HTML asset as .html files. In this case the text can be simply converted into the required target language.

The above are from the Trainz Wiki Page https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/How_to_Create_a_HTML_Asset

Last edited:
Back