Question about the impact to performance

wreeder

RGS Railfan
I've been messing around with technique to tone down the brightness of some older builtin textures particularly the snow textures. Many textures are unrealistically bright and lack any contrast. My idea is using the built-in texture named Black Texture set to a sensitivity of 1% to dab over these bright textures to tone them down and bring out the real texture. This works very well in my test but I wanted to ask if layering textures has a negative impact the way that rotating textures seem to have?

Hi Tony,

Yes, it appears that the Color Tint effect layer will do the job in newer versions of Trainz. My question is now moot with the newly announced changes so I thank you for you response. I hope you are enjoying the warm weather in Brisbane.

Air-cond is wonderful! 'm also about to head to the mountains of Thailand for a week, so could be even hotter next week.

Yes, AC is very much required here as well. I have a friend that lives in Chiang Mai. Sounds like you might be headed to the National Park that is nearby. Have a great trip.

Back