What happened to the Repeat driver rule?

HiBaller

19 Years of Trainz
Long ago, when I was still making sessions, I made use of the Repeat Rule quite a bit if I wanted semi-automatic running of a consist. There is the Autopilot, which is a good one for totally unmanned trains (like in the MARSZ series of routes) but I haven't found a way to make it stop at a given trackmark and continue. I can make it stop, but that's it. Nothing but a swift kick will get it going again. Is the Repeat Rule still around? Bill

Long ago, when I was still making sessions, I made use of the Repeat Rule quite a bit if I wanted semi-automatic running of a consist. There is the Autopilot, which is a good one for totally unmanned trains (like in the MARSZ series of routes) but I haven't found a way to make it stop at a given trackmark and continue. I can make it stop, but that's it. Nothing but a swift kick will get it going again. Is the Repeat Rule still around? Bill
Well, the Edit Post button is messed up, so I repeat myself, then add: I also found something called Repeat Enable. The referenced site (German) is non-functional, so I can't find out anything about this rule. Does anyone know how to use it? Bill

Perhaps the Reset List rule will do you what you need? You can add an ordered list as a child and it will restart once all its own child rules have been completed.

I'll look into that rule. Thanks Rob. I found another repeat rule by another name. It seems to work, but it feels odd to have to put it first, then follow it with the various commands and rules. An ordered list of child's seems much tidier a solution. This is true especially if at some point, the "repeat" sequence is broken by a checkpoint or thrown switch. Then it might move on to yet another repeated sequence. Hmm. Bill

I found the rule, but it is Obsolete. I can't find the rule that replaced it. I downloaded the obsolete one, got it into the Session, but can't figure out how to make it do anything. it won't show up as a driver command, but does appear on the list of available commands when you first edit the session. Edit only tells me what I already know. The field is not editable. I think I'll stick with the Repeat Enable.

Bill

TANE has a built in rule: Enable Repeat <kuid2:192081:2:4> which I have used successfully. I cannot speak for if and how it is implemented in later Trainz builds.

That's the one I'm currently using. Seems to work well for me. had a consist circling the route for three hours without a glitch. Bill

There is the Autopilot, which is a good one for totally unmanned trains (like in the MARSZ series of routes) but I haven't found a way to make it stop at a given trackmark and continue. I can make it stop, but that's it. Nothing but a swift kick will get it going again. Is the Repeat Rule still around? Bill
There is also an "Autodrive" command, which can have an option of "Autodrive to trackmark", followed by "Wait for...", followed by another "Autodrive to ..." Would that help?

Back