HillbillyHobo

End-Of-Support Date:

September 2010 - Trainz 1.0
September 2010 - UTC
September 2010 - TRS2004
September 2010 - Trainz Driver
September 2010 - TRS2006
September 2010 - Trainz Paintshed
September 2010 - Trainz Classics 1 (Harlem Line)
September 2011 - Trainz Classics 2 (Metropolis)
September 2012 - Trainz Classics 3 (Settle & Carlisle)
September 2014 - TS2009 World Builder Edition
September 2014 - Trainz Simulator 2010 (Engineers Edition)
September 2018 - Trainz Simulator 12
September 2016 - Trainz Simulator Mac
September 2018 - Trainz Simulator Mac 2
September 2020 - Trainz: A New Era T:ANE
September 2023 - Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019

If you purchase: Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019 - North American Edition, on sale
Offer ends midnight Nov 4, 2022 (AEST) on Sale for $7.50 USD (Was: $39.99 USD)
You will be able to Free Slow Download Speed, up until September 2023

After that date you will not be able to download from the DLS
Unless you buy a One Year FCT for $34.69 USD, or a one year future Subscription to TS23/TS24 etc ...

N3V is a very very very small niche company, that suppies a product to a very very very small niche group of members

You can get the Limited Trainz Railroad Simulator 2022 on sale for $48.99 (Offer ends midnight Nov 4, 2022) (AEST) USD
DIGITAL DOWNLOAD FOR PC & MAC (WAS $69.99 USD)
SAVE 30% + FREE 30 DAY FCT

N3V will go: One Year - Subscription Only, for TS22 and for Trainz versions beyond after midnight Nov 4, 2022

You bought TS12 version, that ended it's support on September 2018
You will have to use what few assets that came with the TS12 version, Unless you buy a Supported Trainz version, or buy a FCT

N3V has to pay it's employees, and Company overhead
And without monitary support Trainz and N3V may go bankrupt
Without income, the Trainz Forum, and the Trainz DLC products, will cease to exist

I myself, will be continuing to use TRS2006 forever ( which was unsupported: September 2010 ) as I have 5 - One Year FCT, which I bought on sale for $19.99 each

N3V at one time used to sell a Lifetime FCT, but that offer ended years ago, in @ the year 2000

Nothing lasts forever, especially for FREE

Why are you guys sending me this?

I have already expressed the way I feel about this new norm of constantly spending money to keep buying new products to keep up with the trends.

I have expressed myself about the extortion like tactics the gaming industry uses.

I don't need to know about how N3V conducts their business, or how much money is involved in their business.

What I do know is I will not be buying any gaming software from any company that is only going to last a few years. In fact, when I bought my TRS2012 from N3V, it was not being supported anymore, so you can talk until you're blue in the face about how change is good, but I come from an era where people would build things to last, so chasing this hotdog dangling on a stick in front of me is not my thing.

It's not my fault that N3V decided to make a bunch of different puzzles (softwares) to put together, then put all those pieces in one box, and leave it up to the customer to sort all the pieces back out in order to have fun.

"Nothing last forever"....great sales pitch there. Where's the one that says "Buy our product, even though we don't support it anymore."?

All I see is a small group of people here who are trying to create routes, locomotives, and other things to sell for profit, and there is nothing wrong with that, but if you can't do things to make your patrons happy and want to come back, then who's fault is it if no one stays on to buy your products?

There are many people who want to play games, yet they are clueless to how they work. The point is to enjoy the game. When I played a pinball machine back in the day, I wasn't thinking about how it all worked, I was enjoying the sounds and flashes, smacking the ball, picking up bonuses....I was having fun. Playing pool hasn't changed, same tables, balls, some new cue technology, yet people still enjoy playing it every day. Horseshoes, volleyball, the list goes on....but you see, things don't always have to change in order to enjoy something.

If everyone involved in this game chooses to make it complicated to beginners, that the beginner finds it too frustrating to play or create because of constant upgrading or asset changing, so they stop playing, then those are the seeds you choose to sow.

"Nothing lasts forever, especially for FREE" I'm pretty sure I paid money to N3V for my TRS2012. Good thing you don't sell cars. :D

So please stop sending me stuff. I already know what I need to know on this.

Thanks
:)

Gotta say, I'm tired of this as well. End of support doesn't mean anything apart from "we're not updating it anymore." I also don't understand the need to come out with a new simulator every few years.

In my opinion, the more releases you have in a shorter amount of time, the lower quality said releases are.

TRS 2022 is a perfect example of this. It is not different apart from 2 or 3 small things than 19 Platinum. Literally no observable difference.

This simulator has turned from a simulator into a model railroad, truthfully, with very little progress.

I also love that little last part about nothing lasts forever, especially for free. I paid for the game. What exactly are you planning on doing, N3V?

If support for a product is ending, don't sell it anymore. TRAINZ 12 is still on steam and support ended for that game in 2015 I believe.

I won't be purchasing anymore Trainz products personally until they add something substantial, like A MOON. You won't bring back crashes because "they aren't realistic" but you don't even have a moon?

I love the game but a lot of the time you guys think backwards.

Last edited:

I am guessing that you are referring to the fortnightly newsletter??? If this is the case then simply unsubscribe and you will not be bothered again.

I have already expressed the way I feel about this new norm of constantly spending money to keep buying new products to keep up with the trends.

I have expressed myself about the extortion like tactics the gaming industry uses.

"new norm of constantly spending money to keep buying new products to keep up with the trends" - not just to keep up with "the trends" but to keep paying the rent, paying the employees, putting food on the table, etc. I am not sure how you think the product development process works, especially in the computer software business, but it is a long and very expensive process with very uncertain outcomes as N3V's predecessor, Auran, found out the hard way.

But you said it - it is the "new norm" and how all business is being conducted. Any business that decides to put "its feet up", "relax" and live on what it has achieved in the past will be bulldozed by the competition. Customers must also share some of the "blame" for this by constantly demanding new features, more realism (e.g. a MOON or realistic crashes), better performance, better graphics (demands for a 4K version of Trainz have been increasing), etc. If N3V doesn't provide then customers will eventually go elsewhere so N3V's rent and employees won't get paid.

What I do know is I will not be buying any gaming software from any company that is only going to last a few years. In fact, when I bought my TRS2012 from N3V, it was not being supported anymore, so you can talk until you're blue in the face about how change is good, but I come from an era where people would build things to last, so chasing this hotdog dangling on a stick in front of me is not my thing.

No doubt you have the same complaint against every software company (Microsoft, Adobe, Apple) because they all have "end of support dates" on their products. I believe that Windows 7 may have recently passed its "use by date" (but I would have to check on that).

But good luck with that.

"Nothing last forever"....great sales pitch there. Where's the one that says "Buy our product, even though we don't support it anymore."?

Its called a warranty period and it applies to all products.

Looking at your original post on end-of-support dates

"September 2023 - Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019"

TRS19 came out, I believe, at the end of 2018 and will expire towards the end of 2023 - so that is 5 years (or 4 if I am wrong about its release date). Back in 2018 I bought a new TV set for considerably more than the cost of TRS19 and its warranty ran out in 2021.

Products that are "out of warranty" can still be purchased at second hand markets, on eBay and elsewhere but at the buyers own risk. If I buy a second hand car that has already passed the manufacturers warranty period then the seller provides some warranty even if it is a simple "money back guarantee". But don't expect Microsoft, for example, to fix a bug you just found in your recent purchase of a second hand copy of Windows 95.

We are each entitled to our opinions, but some opinions are simply not supported by reality. (My opinion).

I will purchase TRS (post 19) and a new gaming computer WHEN:

1 - New version comes in a COLLECTOR TIN BOX...
2 - ...with a REAL DISC...
3 - ...INCLUDES AT NO COST Surveyor 2.0 (minimum) AND...
4 - NO SUBSCRIPTION or other MUMBO-JUMBO

I don't care about new routes or other new content...Have enough FREE CONTENT available to continue work on my EPIC YUMA ROUTE which will NEVER BE COMPLETED before I'm gone.

Ok...call me OLD FASHION...Call me CRAZY...Just DON'T CALL ME LATE FOR SUPPER...

I don't care about new routes or other new content...Have enough FREE CONTENT available to continue work on my EPIC YUMA ROUTE which will NEVER BE COMPLETED before I'm gone.

Ok...call me OLD FASHION...Call me CRAZY...Just DON'T CALL ME LATE FOR SUPPER...

There's a good chance you'll be able to get all but item #1 at some point. Sadly, the days of nice packaging and user manuals is long gone. Very few people today even use a DVD drive any longer.

1. Doubtful, You would be paying for a tin and a download
2. Gone forever
3. probably TRS2025 or 22 Platinum if you're lucky
4. Currently you don't have to buy a subscription and probably won't for the forseeable future. N3V would be shooting themselves in the foot if they did that.

We're not - that looks like a post written by someone who still uses TRS2006.

End of support simply means you're not getting any more updates. The product still works and you can use it for as long as your hardware and OS will let you.

We offer various choices and memberships are becoming the preferred option for more and more people. Offering one product to fit all tastes is long gone (Mr Ford even decided over 100 years ago that people wanted cars in colours other than black).

Customers must also share some of the "blame" for this by constantly demanding new features, more realism (e.g. a MOON or realistic crashes)

While "blame" might be a fair assessment to what I can only assume is an indirect reply or shot at what I said, it should be understood that many people feel this way, not just me.

I don't hold N3V to high standards though because1. It's not my place and 2. I understand they aren't Microsoft and don't have the budget or resources to accomplish what Flight Simulator 2020 did. That being said, it's not unrealistic for me or other simulator enthusiasts to request or wish (not really demand, not sure where this comes from) features that would actually improve the simulation experience. As much as my post above sounded harsh, I want to see Trainz progress and grow (Trainz 2010 was the first video game I'd ever played.) I don't want to see it stagnate.

All this being said, regardless of who is sending HillbillyHobo these emails, he does make good points.

Back