4 Lane Roads

chili46

I see a few 4 lane roads on DLS, but none of them are actually 4 lane roads. Yes, they look like 4 lane roads, but only have traffic in the fast lane. Not really a 4 lane road with traffic. I can create a 4 lane road with both lanes in each direction working, but that means laying down the 4 lane partially function road and putting an invisible road in the slow lanes (both directions) which amounts to 3 times the work needed to have a 4 lane, fully functional road.

Does anyone know of any fully function 4 lane roads?

I have never seen 4-lane roads actually have traffic on all 4-lanes. I think the only way to achieve what you want is to put in the invisible road as you said.

This 3 lane divided highway has both the inside 2 lanes working, outside lane is dead. Maybe it could be reskinned so the dead lane is a curb or something, and you would have it, almost.

<kuid2:647907:102432:1> YARNish Divided Highway L3.1, TH SM - CDE

This 3 lane divided highway has both the inside 2 lanes working, outside lane is dead. Maybe it could be reskinned so the dead lane is a curb or something, and you would have it, almost.

<kuid2:647907:102432:1> YARNish Divided Highway L3.1, TH SM - CDE

I've seen a few like that. I'll see what I can do about reskinning a couple.

Thanks,
Chili

After a few hours of testing I've come to the following conclusions:

• It isn't possible to have a single road with multiple lanes going in opposite directions
  • isfreeway = 1 allows for multiple lanes (numlanes = x) but only allows for single direction
  • There does not appear that different traffic speeds can be assigned to each lane on a freeway
  • isroad is built in and is limited to bi-direction traffic (1 lane in each direction)

So, back to the way I was doing it. Lay down a 4 lane road at x speed and then lay down invisible roads in the outside lane with different speeds (slower speeds when exiting the freeway, etc., etc.).

A lot more work, but then perfection comes with a price.

2022-11-08%20120124.jpg

Tried to post a picture... Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but it ain't working...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/52l7hgqnzgy90lp/2022-11-08%20120124.jpg?dl=0

Last edited:
Just on a quick pass through there is a way to achieve this.... if you dont mind a bit of content creation. (This is a method i have used)

build half of the free way as a single spline, the centre barrier of your choice as a single spline, and then a set of connectors. IE ( Tee junction, Cross roads, and a simple straight connector) with 3 attachment points per road direction) one on each side (for two Half freeway splines to be connected to, and one in the centre for your barrier.)

You can then have multiple lanes in each direction, and when you move the connectors the splines come with. Its not as perfect as having a single freeway spline, but should add a lot of customisation opportunities for relatively small amount of work...?

...snip...
You can then have multiple lanes in each direction, and when you move the connectors the splines come with. Its not as perfect as having a single freeway spline, but should add a lot of customisation opportunities for relatively small amount of work...?

I successfully created a 4 Lane freeway with traffic on all four lanes. It involves a simple modification of the config file for the original 4 lane freeway by adding some attached splines and using invisible roads.

EDIT: This is not limited to 4 lanes, it can be used on multiple lane freeways!

I clicked on your image to get the URL. Right-click the image and select copy image link. Paste to the Trainz get image window and delete the s in HTTPS. I think your link is to the website.

I clicked on your image to get the URL. Right-click the image and select copy image link. Paste to the Trainz get image window and delete the s in HTTPS. I think your link is to the website.

That's exactly what I did. When I get hacked on my PC I'll try again.

p.png

Well, kiss my grits. So clicking on the "Share" button (intuitive) is not the way it's done. Got it.

Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

Back