kuid search

<kuid:-2:1001> DO NOT DELETE! DO NOT REWRITE! by unknown. I don't know where I came across it, it says it was just a test, but I do see that several creators have made it a dependency.

Nope.... -2 is universal ID used when Your personal one is not put into the game. It means that <kuid:-2:1001> may be whatever and there may be thousands of this kuid number assets and each with different content.

If memory serves me right it's autosave related.

Shane

EDIT: Just checked - that's -2:1. It still sounds like something that's either built in or from a DLC though.

Last edited:
It’s strange that CM says it is “unknown” but somehow it knows how many kilobytes are in the asset. At least, that is how it comes up in my T:ANE content manager.

Probably cached info from past when such kuid was created (and later deleted) while You operated TRS without your own kuid (no login details entered in TRS settings).

I don't have that one either and I have nearly everything. ;)

The KUID looks familiar, but I don't know what it belongs to.

If the missing asset is part of a route, look over the route and run the Delete Missing Assets utility if there's nothing missing that you can see.

It is just a config.txt file, and it says it is an "invalid passengers patch", and it mentions <kuid:-3:10091> Passenger by auran. So, did <kuid:-3:10091> Passenger have some faulty passengers? If so, this must be the patch.
So, I don't want to break any copyright laws, but the author is unknown, the license says "Just for test", and all it is, is a config.txt file. Would I be breaking any laws if I just pasted the text of the file here? Of course, then anyone could copy it and load it up. But who could complain since there is no reference to any author? It has tags in English and in Russian, so the author may have been Russian?
EDIT: My other thought, is that if it is in the KUID list of any assets using a newer passenger list (<kuid:-3:10091> Passenger by auran is version 1.3, although mine shows an upload date of 18-Oct-2022), then it can probably be removed from the KUID list, as it is not being used. <kuid:-3:11062> Passengers by auran is version 2.9, so could be a replacement passengers asset as well.

Last edited:
It is a missing unknown asset from ATSF Passenger cars in a consist (Dining, Lounge, Observation Dome, Sleeping Car, Budd Coach, and Dome Buffet Coach) (all listed as "Bud")

You may want to look at this thread here.

kuid 2:1001 (auran.com) <--- The title has a typo.

This issue has been bouncing around for quite a number of years.

<KUID:-3:10091> is a product category and not an actual asset. This can be seen in the referenced config.txt file by leksie.

Searching for this KUID, leads to many, many references of being missing.

If someone mistakenly took KUID:-3:10091 and made that a product, meaning people, then there's going to be a bigger mess to sort out.

It looks like editing my post is still not working. I wanted to clarify in my post above that the "It" referred to at the start of the first sentence is . is just a config.txt file, and since it is by unknown and the license says "Just for test", is there a copyright concern if I were to copy the text content of the file? Then anyone could create it for themselves.

Sorry for multiple posts. Edit is still not working. I read the linked thread, and it sounds like I can't post the contents. Thanks John, and sorry folks.

Back