Windows 11 explorer

Forester1

Hi! Sorry to post this here, but I know there are some Windows whizzes out there, and I can't seem to find the answer with Google. Somewhere along the line, Windows 11 changed the file explorer window, so it lists files by "Today", "Yesterday", "Last Week", Last Month", etc. Even though it is supposed to be sorting by file name. Is there any way to get rid of this so it just lists the files in order by the way it is supposed to be sorted? I don't see any "View" option to turn it off. Thanks for any help!

Hi! Sorry to post this here, but I know there are some Windows whizzes out there, and I can't seem to find the answer with Google. Somewhere along the line, Windows 11 changed the file explorer window, so it lists files by "Today", "Yesterday", "Last Week", Last Month", etc. Even though it is supposed to be sorting by file name. Is there any way to get rid of this so it just lists the files in order by the way it is supposed to be sorted? I don't see any "View" option to turn it off. Thanks for any help!

Think its under Sort > Group By > None, I say think as the option disappeared here when I set it to none! Needless to say It's gone away here.

Thanks Malc! I had never noticed that before. I am not sure when or how I ever set it to group by date, but now it is nice to know where that option is!

Back