Help With The Bigger Routes

HillbillyHobo

Greetings all....

My phase 3 of 'HBH Around The Bend' is actually phases 3-6, for the rolling stock plays off each of the phases. This means I am creating a very large route for the first time.

I've been trying to download some of the bigger routes on the DLS, so I can get a feel of how people are using different items on their routes, and how they're blending areas together, using signal trusses, highways, etc., but it appears I need to buy a pass in order to download the ones for which I was looking at.:(

Is there a way to know in advance on the DLS if a route requires a pass, instead of finding out after you try to download it? (I know the '$' is for payware, didn't know if there was an icon for pass required?)

Can anyone name me some big routes on here that are free to download?

The only large one I have is the 'Port Ogden & Northern' from the 2010 software, which is the one that got me hook on this 'Train Drug' to start with. lol

Thanks

The latest version you have registered to your account is TS12. That version is no longer supported (support stopped years ago). As a result, you will need a FCT (First Class download Ticket) for everything you try to download from the DLS.

Hmmm....

So TRS2012 is no longer supported, yet I'm being told people are still creating 3.7 builds?

I downloaded the Port Ogden for TRS2012 a few months ago with no problem, but now you are telling me I cannot download any routes on the DLS because TRS2012 is no longer support?

But yet by some miracle if I purchase a gold card, I can wave it over my computer, and my TRS2012 now becomes supported for me to download things.

If TRS2012 not supported, then how was I able to upload my phase 2 route?

Please explain?

Uploading doesn't require an FCT just a Trainz account and a registered version of TS12 or above.
Downloading requires a supported version of Trainz or an FCT which pays towards the costs of the fast server and the slow free server.

I can tell you by my experience TS12 will have a problems building a large route. I started the Levi & Appalachian back in TS2010 and it was getting to be a good size by the time TS12 came around. Even then it was choking on the size of the route and started crashing. Finally TANE came along and I finished the route. It is about 200 miles from end to end, so if you want to build a big route TANE would be a minimum now.

Dave

Thanks for the explanations, everyone.

Unfortunately, I do not have the money, or a computer to move up to another software, so it sounds like this is the end of the line for me.

Some of us are not as fortunate as others, and I have a well to drill on my property that's going to cost me around $8,000, plus I do not buy things if I do not have the money for it.

I may not have a lot, but I own everything I have. :)

If I was to do away with all the stuff I own, that's over 10 years old, I would lose 95% of my stuff. I take good care of my things, and to me if they do their job, there is no need to get something that's a little better. I will say that most of the things that have broken down quickly were items I have purchased since 2010, and you don't need to be Spock to figure the logic out there. It's all about making money by making people annually chase the upgrade rainbow, believing things will get better. HA!

If things are getting better, and all the knowledge is at our fingertips now, then why are there so many Moe, Larry, and Curlys running around instead of a bunch of Einsteins?

"Change is good sometimes, but not always better. Would you like to change from 'rich to poor', 'healthy to sick', employed to unemployed, or living in a house to living in the streets'?"

It's been fun everyone. :)

It seems odd to me that if N3V is still SELLING TS12, and there are TS12 routes on the DLS, that a purchaser would not have access to them without it costing them more. The FCT requirement just sounds arbitrary to me, even if it is going to support servers. It sounds like the customer must support N3V, but not the other way around.

Unfortunately, I do not have the money, or a computer to move up to another software, so it sounds like this is the end of the line for me.

Some of us are not as fortunate as others, and I have a well to drill on my property that's going to cost me around $8,000, plus I do not buy things if I do not have the money for it.

If I was to do away with all the stuff I own, that's over 10 years old, I would lose 95% of my stuff. I take good care of my things, and to me if they do their job, there is no need to get something that's a little better. I will say that most of the things that have broken down quickly were items I have purchased since 2010, and you don't need to be Spock to figure the logic out there. It's all about making money by making people annually chase the upgrade rainbow, believing things will get better. HA!

If things are getting better, and all the knowledge is at our fingertips now, then why are there so many Moe, Larry, and Curlys running around instead of a bunch of Einsteins?

"Change is good sometimes, but not always better. Would you like to change from 'rich to poor', 'healthy to sick', employed to unemployed, or living in a house to living in the streets'?"

Yknow, you can snag T:ANE or TRS19 for pretty cheap on Steam I’m pretty sure, and I know T:ANE isn’t super demanding. I have a PC I built myself at the moment, but before that I had a pretty crappy laptop. I’m sure whatever you’re running 2012 on now could handle T:ANE on low.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/315660/Trainz_A_New_Era/ Twenty bucks.

Last edited:

And to address your concerns about losing content, what I did for going from T:ANE to TRS22 is that I made a copy of my directory for T:ANE and linked TRS22 to it. Basically everything was intact. While I have never played 2012, and was not around in the community in those days, I doubt there would be a reason you couldn’t do the same going from 2012 to T:ANE/2019.

It seems odd to me that if N3V is still SELLING TS12, and there are TS12 routes on the DLS, that a purchaser would not have access to them without it costing them more. The FCT requirement just sounds arbitrary to me, even if it is going to support servers. It sounds like the customer must support N3V, but not the other way around.

N3V isn't selling TS12 just links to Amazon, which are probably used copies anyway.

Basic TANE is 83% off at the moment and just costs $6.99 from N3V, not sure for how long though so wouldn't spend to long thinking about it.

For me, TS12 at Amazon was a purchase through Steam. No Way I could find to download a disc, but then if it was used, I would not want it anyway. So, buying from N3V is though Amazon which turns out to be Steam.

Back