An apology from Narrowgauge

narrowgauge

92 year oldTrainz veteran
When I walked away from Trainz, at that time it was a complete exit. Since then, I find that I was wrong because I forgot about any messages to me, I apologize. I will try to work my way through the list.

It also looks like that I may have to update my Trainz version. What is the latest version?

Peter (narrowgauge)

For Trainz+ 119450 (PC). SP1 for TS22 came out about a week ago.

Welcome back. Some were asking after you.

No need to apologise Narrowgauge - we all have those "senior" moments whether we are seniors or not.

The latest Trainz Plus release is SP1 build 119450 (both beta and retail).

Hi Peter,

No need to apologise. Many folks didn't know you "retired" from Trainz. It shows how popular you are. :)

Peter,
It's good to see you back here again.
I am rebuilding the Darjeeling route in TRS19 and also testing it in TRS22.
TRS22 comes out on top for framerate (amongst other things) so eventually TRS22 (basic version) will be the version it will be released in.
There's a sale on for Halloween on the Trainz website..

https://store.trainzportal.com/pages/trainz-railroad-simulator-2022#purchase

It will be a bit of a learning curve for you, but I am sure you will get any questions answered by your friends in here.

For those that don't know, Narrowgauge (Peter) was one of the major authors for the original Darjeeling Himalayan Railway route.

I better watch my step now that your back :hehe:

All the best,
Graham

Last edited:
.. thankz peter, for all your creations and visions .. and being here ..
most respect ..
grtz
👍🏽

Great to see you Peter and no need to apologise - I'm definitely not as active myself nowadays due to other commitments although will pick up DMs where I can.

Shane

Great to see you Peter and no need to apologise - I'm definitely not as active myself nowadays due to other commitments although will pick up DMs where I can.

Shane

Hello there, Shane good to see you have honored us with your presence. I hope all is well with you.

Things are ok at the moment. I've had a lot of commitments though that have prevented me from being active (and sorting a lot of things outside of Trainz as well).

Shane

Welcome back Peter. I still use 99% of your original 3ft NG rolling stock regularly, that you made 15 - 18 years ago for Murchison 2. http://trainzone.co.nz/ng.htm

They still work really well & still look great in Tane & TS2019, (without any issues). I don't have TS2022 to test them in there.

(I'm hoping one day they will all end up on the DLS, for everyone to enjoy).

Cheers, Mac...

PS; Great to also see that Shane's is still floating around...

Good to see you back Peter. And also Shane! I suspect the community has shrunk somewhat in recent years, so it is good to see some of the stalwarts of this forum still here.

Paul

Shaneturner is also active on Steam where he plays is Cities: Skyline, Prison Architect and Planet Coaster, among other games. I'm friends with him on Steam. His Steam username is shaneturner12.

Thank goodness you're back, Peter. I was a bit worried. Nice to have you back.

@Euromodeller: before you move up to TS2022, would you release a TS2019 version? I doubt I will go to a higher version as my computer has aged a little plus the inflation has really taken a bite out of my discretionary funds. It's a real bummer being on a fixed income of retirement and SS.

Bill

Thank goodness you're back, Peter. I was a bit worried. Nice to have you back.

@Euromodeller: before you move up to TS2022, would you release a TS2019 version? I doubt I will go to a higher version as my computer has aged a little plus the inflation has really taken a bite out of my discretionary funds. It's a real bummer being on a fixed income of retirement and SS.

Bill

Of course I will Bill, I can carry on with what I am doing (developing in TRS19 and testing in TRS22).
I use the basic versions of both so no subsription version problems should arise.

Expect some more DHR2 asset releases soon too!

I am also on state pension here in England and finding it extremely difficult to cope with the cost of living increases, but I have conditioned my 4 sons to chip together to buy me any new Trainz versions that come out -else they get no baby or dog-sitting perks :hehe:

Cheers,
Graham

Thanks, everyone, for welcoming me back. For a long time, Trainz was an addiction, I didn't realise how much it had taken over my life. I thought I was past this 'mucking around with a computer', somewhere I have the original disk was released just before Christmas 1960 (I think). it says a lot for value of something released as a 'game' should last so long as a 'hobby'.

So far, I have no good news. I am unable to access my 'Trainz building computer? It won't boot. None of the suggestions I found will get me past the first log-on screen. It seems that my only way to get over this is to take the drive out and connect (install?) them as external drives on my main one. Will this work? Any suggestions? Can I modify the boot file? Sometimes I wish we were still back in the 'old' days when computers were not as complex

Alternatively, is there any way to boot from a floppy disk, will this bypass the blockage? Can I replace the current boot file? Can I get the logon data this way?

Cheers!

Peter.

Back