TRC No Longer Working on Specific Route

whywon

Hello everyone,

I've been using TRC crossings for years accross three versions of Trainz. A few months ago, I converted all of the crossings in a payware route (Centrella Sub) to TRC and had great success with no issues. After spending some time away from the route, I've come back to it today to find that none of the triggers are recognizing any lights or gates linked to them. The same trigger version with the same crossing assets still work on other routes and also work if I add new ones to other routes. However, attempting to place new triggers or crossings in the Centrella Sub does not work. Something about this route specifically seems to be causing the problem. If anyone knows any solutions I'd love to hear from you.

Thank you.

Have you updated the TRC assets to TRC4?

TRC4 are the latest and they will fix the problem.

Update: Re-saved the route and session and loaded it from new save, everything works. Crisis averted!

I have had the exact same problem other than I am using TRS19. Like whywon it only seems to apply to one specific route. I did as JCitron suggested but I have found that the problem just hops from one crossing to another. i.e. The first load of surveyor has Crossing 1 working and Crossing 2 failing. The next load may have Crossing 1 failing and Crossing 2 or any other working , and so on for each load. I am using the TRC 4 version but it was failing with TRC 3 as well. Are there any other suggestions ?

Tony Howard

Well now a new issue has popped up. My crossings are deactivating when trains stop within them. I'm aware they are supposed to deactivate if a train stops before arriving, but this is happening even when trains stop within the triggers, which has never been a problem. This happening to anyone else?

I have had the exact same problem other than I am using TRS19. Like whywon it only seems to apply to one specific route. I did as JCitron suggested but I have found that the problem just hops from one crossing to another. i.e. The first load of surveyor has Crossing 1 working and Crossing 2 failing. The next load may have Crossing 1 failing and Crossing 2 or any other working , and so on for each load. I am using the TRC 4 version but it was failing with TRC 3 as well. Are there any other suggestions ?

Tony Howard

Well now a new issue has popped up. My crossings are deactivating when trains stop within them. I'm aware they are supposed to deactivate if a train stops before arriving, but this is happening even when trains stop within the triggers, which has never been a problem. This happening to anyone else?

I have never seen these issues before. I go into Surveyor and use the Delete Missing Assets tool. This fixes a multitude of ills that affect Trainz. Once complete, save the route - don't save the session. Since you've updated your route, you need to update the session. Edit the session and move a freight car/wagon and then save to force the session to update and save then try again.

This seems to be getting worse. Each time I go into surveyor I lose more & more valid crossings and the values of the 3 components keep changing. e.g 1&1 1&2 1&3 any of which can be missing. I went back to an old Windows 7 machine that I hadn't accessed this particular route for about a year and found the same problems there, though at the time I don't recall issues. I thought it might be a size thing as I have 48 different crossings on this route, but after removing about half of them nothing changes on the remaining ones. I have done an extended DBR but to no avail.
Can anybody think of any other suggestions ?

Tony Howard

This seems to be getting worse. Each time I go into surveyor I lose more & more valid crossings and the values of the 3 components keep changing. e.g 1&1 1&2 1&3 any of which can be missing. I went back to an old Windows 7 machine that I hadn't accessed this particular route for about a year and found the same problems there, though at the time I don't recall issues. I thought it might be a size thing as I have 48 different crossings on this route, but after removing about half of them nothing changes on the remaining ones. I have done an extended DBR but to no avail.
Can anybody think of any other suggestions ?

Tony Howard

I'm still having issues and can't pinpoint the source. I thought that the fresh save that I spoke about in my previous reply fixed everything, but now I'm realizing that ALL of the routes that I have which use TRC crossings have a chance of bugging out the TRC links with each save. It's also a toss up that the crossings will or will not work each time I load a session, even the exact same session. For example, I've just been messing with a saved session on the Pennsylvania and Berwind. The first time I loaded it, the crossings worked and were linked. I quit the session without saving and loaded it again from the menu. Now the crossings are broken and unlinked. What the hell is going on here? Not to mention that now the crossings deactivate when trains stop even if trains are within the triggers.

Yep for some reason TRC triggers linked with DMT crossings are becoming a real pain in TRS19. They work, they dont work, then work again, then fail...getting so bad I am thinking of deleting them altogether and reverting back to the old UK gated crossing.
Pity really.

Guys....I can also tell you TRC does not work correctly. I started a brand-new route using TRC 4 triggers. The problem I am seeing, the trigger does not hold its set value. It defaults back to the max 600 m, no matter what I do. It just will not hold the value I put in.

Guys....I can also tell you TRC does not work correctly. I started a brand-new route using TRC 4 triggers. The problem I am seeing, the trigger does not hold its set value. It defaults back to the max 600 m, no matter what I do. It just will not hold the value I put in.

Where are you setting them up? I set mine up in my session rather than the route and the settings remain.

The TRC4 triggers are also a bit different. Instead of needing a trigger for each side of the crossing, you only need to put one down.

John, you're probably right, and I think I know what I have done too. I started a new route and since its still small and new, I have forgotten to switch back to the route layer when building and lots of items get put into the session later. So, I have merged the session layer into the route layer. I only want what I put in session to be required. I will pay closer attention and test trc again.

Marv

Bumping this up to see if anyone has found any solutions. All of my routes with TRC still have broken links. I'm hoping a game update might give them a chance since it's been a while since there's been one for TRS22. Maybe the last update is what broke them.

Bumping this up to see if anyone has found any solutions. All of my routes with TRC still have broken links. I'm hoping a game update might give them a chance since it's been a while since there's been one for TRS22. Maybe the last update is what broke them.

The TRC assets work fine.

Make sure they're placed on the route and setup in the session.

The TRC assets work fine.

Make sure they're placed on the route and setup in the session.

They're placed correctly, just as I've had them for years. Even if I try to add a new crossing to the routes, the newly placed assets won't link. However, creating a brand new route and adding a TRC crossing to it works fine. Strange.

They're placed correctly, just as I've had them for years. Even if I try to add a new crossing to the routes, the newly placed assets won't link. However, creating a brand new route and adding a TRC crossing to it works fine. Strange.

You are using TRC4, correct?

Make sure you have updated to these. They fixed many of the quirks such as the one you mentioned here.

You are using TRC4, correct?

Make sure you have updated to these. They fixed many of the quirks such as the one you mentioned here.

I am using TRC4, yes. I recently upgraded to it around the time I made this original post. Keep in mind I do all of my crossings from scratch I.E. I use the TRC assets from payware mega packs originally hosted on ReggiezTrainz and link them all with "xx&yy". In fact, I just began replacing a few crossings in the Midwestern Rails route yesterday. They all worked and linked as expected. Today, I went to replace another crossing and the trigger would not recognize the signals. So I decided to investigate the other crossings I had done yesterday and of course, they have somehow become broken as well. Attempting to rename them, put them in different layers, and any other tricks I can think of are not working.

Back