JCAR Vehicles. What does "trackside" mean?

Hi guys, just working on adding more vehicles and I have noticed that some of the JCAR vehicles has "trackside" at the end of the name. Do you know what the difference is?

ie;
JCAR MIZET
JCAR MIZET trackside

Regards

Harry

The trackside one probably has the trackside keyword in the config.txt file so it works as traffic in region files.

Without trackside it's a simple scenery object (like a house). With trackside it's used for road traffic (defined in a region).

Peter

Hi guys, thank you for your support. I already have JCAR vehicles running on my roads which don't have trackside in the name so maybe it's not that important.

Example below.

Regards

Harry

kuid <kuid:808067:101261>
username "HC JCAR BMW 525i BLUE"
kind "scenery"
trainz-build 3.5

mesh-table
{
{
mesh "BMW5.IM"
auto-create 1
position 0,0,0
}
}
light 1
trackside 0.01
category-class "VL"
category-era "2000s"
category-region "AU"
description "BMW 525i BLUE"

thumbnails
{
{
image "B5B.JPG"
width 240
height 180
}
}

kuid-table
{
}

Those are nice vehicles. I use them all the time and ensure I park the Audis and BMWs crooked and definitely place them across the entrances to roundabouts and intersections. It's all about realism and we have to make sure to get those details spot on.

I've used them as traffic and as scenery items as well and was wondering the same.

The original JCARs (without trackside) were created by Hirochi, and are scenery objects. The JCARs with trackside were created by Rossolabo, referencing Hirochi's meshes, for usage as road traffic. The HC JCARs were created by another author (harrychapman), using his own naming rule.

Peter

Last edited:
Hi Peter, yes I save all the vehicles starting with HC so they are easy to find.

Somehow, I've deleted my region from within the game ie every route went to default region. However, I have found the region, which is called CDE UK Grid Region, so, can someone tell me how I get it back in the game please. ie you click the book top left while in the game, come down to "Edit Route" and then select the region, however my region is no in there?

Regards

Harry

I did just have an incident where I got a faulty region file because some of the cars did not have the trackside keyword them. After adding that, the errors went away. So yeah, I don't know why they worked for years and then suddenly went faulty (The region file called them faulty, not CM). But you might keep it in your back pocket in case you get errors down the road (sorry, no pun intended!)

Back