My Update Event

boleyd

Updated 2019 and 2022 ok (apparently). Then ran the latest route on both OK. Came back a few hours later and both now had errors. Some train elements showed errors. I really do not want to review the errors. Again, as a customer, I prefer to use not debug. Many years were spent on that task....

I'll skip the diatribe. That does no good. However, following the same update process, to the same result, seems to waste customer time. Possible new customers read the forum and make a decision based upon events such as this. Marketing needs to develop a money value on that lost revenue. Perhaps it will show a new approach is needed. Awaiting the next update to fix this update.

Given they both worked initially, my guess is something changed in between the first run and the second. What was it? That's really hard to figure out without having more information so all I can do is take some guesses:
- you're using the same local data folder with both installs (this will cause a db repair on restart and quite likely errors to follow)
- you installed some other content
- you ran different content
- the database hadn't completed rebuilding when you saw the errors
- you have more than one copy installed and ran a different .exe the second time (which is a bit like the first issue - two installs one local data folder
- 100 other possibilities

Hopefully the people reading the forums saw that the vast majority of people updated without any issue whatsoever.

No changes to the "before settings". It is a database issue (all dates changed), that is conditions based and very difficult to find in this diverse population. CDPs saved the day. Hobby or Obsession??

Back