Indian Railways

Hi,

After three years of hardship I managed to make a decent looking ALCO WDM 2A for myself.

WDM 2A longhood render –
nitin-singh-wdm2.jpg

It is a diesel–electric locomotive that was developed in 1962 by American Locomotive Company (ALCO) for Indian Railways.
The model name stands for Broad Gauge (W), Diesel (D), Mixed Traffic (M) Locomotive of second generation.

Thanks for reading my post.

Last edited:
Hello from France,

very good job , now will start difficulties : make a decent skin which does not hide the good 3D ...

Good luck friend !!! Very friendly, Marc

.. thankz for sharing .. for the info and for showing your skills .. amazing work .. respect ..
have a great and healthy life
grtz

Hi,
I have keen interest in playing simulator so I decided to model a locomotive.
After three years of hardship I managed to make a decent looking ALCO WDM 2A for myself. :hehe:

WDM 2A longhood render –

(too decent model)

WDM 2A shorthood render –

(and this is too decent)

Photographic reference –

(well, it's real ones)

It is a diesel–electric locomotive that was developed in 1962 by American Locomotive Company (ALCO) for Indian Railways.
The model name stands for Broad Gauge (W), Diesel (D), Mixed Traffic (M) Locomotive of second generation.

Thanks for reading my post.

You absolutely have produced excellent WDM2A model in Trainz! Very amazing. :D

That is absolutely amazing!~! I just have to have it. Even if I have to sell my wife and dog (well, maybe not the dog - he likes me). Figuratively speaking, of course.

Phil

Hello from France , you have done it !!!

I can't say better than Phil ( apart I have cats and dogs )....:hehe:

Great Job and if you share , i will try to get this beauty ...

Very friendly, Marc

Best job I have seen on the railings, showing the wear and tear, and great job weathering overall. Well done sir!

WDM 2A in unreal engine 5.1 –

image.png

I exported it in unreal engine 5.

Next time for trainz when I get a powerful machine, in the current system, my GPU is weak to handle trainz at the moment.

Last edited:
These are really great models. I found some IR coaches floating around a few months ago. I've ridden in them many times.

I have many memories as a child of visiting my grandparents in Hydrabad, India. Just a short walk from their apartment complex was a busy 4 track mainline, with EMU commuter trains and aging ALCo diesels hustling freight and passengers between busy hubs. Nothing compares to standing by the side of the track as the signal down the line flashes green, and a pair of WDM-2s rev up and fill the sky with thick black smoke. Truly an awesome experience.

Back