Why does my Surveyor look different?

Jerseyside7

I just purchased the Trainz Railroad Simulator 2022 Gold Membership - In the main menu when I go to Driver/Surveyor and click "create route" is this Surveyor 2.0? It looks nothing like what I'm seeing in the user guide and on videos. Am I missing something obvious? Am I even in the right place? The menus look different.
Thanks for any help.
Jim

Trainz Railroad Simulator 2022 Gold Membership has both Surveyor 2.0 (the default) and the old Surveyor 1.0 (also called Surveyor Classic).

The menu icons are the same (as far as I know).

To switch between the two Surveyors, click on the Tools Menu icon (the 3rd from the top left) and select Edit in Surveyor Classic. Surveyor will always reload with the last selected version (Surveyor 2.0 or 1.0).

I am slowly gaining confidence in using Surveyor 2.0 (also known as S20) and I am using S10 less and less but it takes time.

As pware has stated in his post. Also make sure you have the TRS22 Plus version installed and not the TRS22 Retail version. Only the plus has S2.0.

I am running TRS22 (SP1) but do not have Trainz Plus (although I have had lifetime downloads for yonks)! Does this then mean that I am unable to access Surveyor 2.0?

S2.0 is still in beta testing. As Tony said as soon as the soft will be releasable it will be part of the normal TRS22 (or more likely TRS25)

Technically S20 "Phase 1" has been completed, but there are some obvious things that need to be done in Phase 2 to make it "complete".

Back