Routes with Traffic Lights

It's not too hard if you start off with each junction setup on its own layer and do them one at a time. Each lane of traffic has its own stopper. The routes in the controller are set up so each green phase path doesn't cross another green phase path. You could say all four lanes turning left could use the same route number as they don't cross each other. Lanes going N-S/S-N could also use the same route but lanes going W-E/E-W can't use that route as they have to cross over. Routes 9,10 and 11 are setups for pedestrian crossings, so all other routes are red when these are green.

Last edited:
Hello stagecoach

Saw your clip on you tube excellent work

I was wondering seeing I only have trainz 19 build no.117009 would it be all possible to create a version of your atls demo. to suite trainz version 4.7, 4.8, 4.9 or 5.0

Thank you in advance

Cheers Joe

Hi Stagecoach, I hope you had a god weekend. Can "Sen City Road Switcher" be made so that it's invisible and also be flat of the ground?

Can the 2 red arrows be turned off?

Regards

Harry

You could open the asset in explorer and locate the image in the base folder. Open it in a paint program and erase the road image so nothing shows and then save. The arrows are the same for all assets with track movement like turntables and rail junctions.

Edit only works in early TRS19 and not in later versions.

Last edited:
yes you do and those reskins are illegal, you're wrong
half of the whole community of trainz that has ever trainzed right now
6wngb8y419m.gif

What does the config say about the license?
NGL but its impossible to prevent someone from reskinning / modifying items for their personal use on their computer. Only way that you can't do it is content from payware DLC at the Trainz store / Steam.
If you don't want your items reskinned / modified, then you shouldn't release it. Period.

Cheers

Curious, you're telling someone to illegally edit another's copyrighted asset without permission

It is NOT illegal to modify an asset for your own personal use. It is ILLEGAL to try an published a modified asset without the original creator's permission.

From the N3V Wiki:
Notes and Licences

As a general rule, you are allowed to reskin assets for personal use (i.e - for your own use only ) ...

Read "reskin" as modify.

Thank you guys for telling us all what we can do. I'm going to start a new post regarding editing the "Sen City Road Switcher" as I still haven't got a solution.

Regards

Harry

Thank you guys for telling us all what we can do. I'm going to start a new post regarding editing the "Sen City Road Switcher" as I still haven't got a solution.

Regards

Harry

I modified Sen City Road Switcher to make the road transition between it and my custom roads appear seamless (no bumps). That worked out great and I'm pretty happy with it. It was a simple add to the config file suggested by stagecoach:

track0
{
track <kuid:324956:101152>
useadjoiningtracktype 1

Works great. I did create a clone of the asset and it is for my own personal use. The license agreement for the switcher by Boatz (www.boatztrainz.co.uk) says:

This asset is still owned by Boatz. May be used for personal use only. May be modified and re-issued on the Auran DLS as FreeWare but please credit the author.

So, I may make the modification and upload it to the DLS. If you do any modifications that you want to share, please keep the description and license information intact before uploading.

You might want to add "surveyor-only 1" to the config as this will remove the underlying road texture when you enter driver mode.

I have just uploaded a newer version of the route. I have split all the different roads into their own layers. Each junction setup can now be viewed on its own by making the other layers invisible. I have also added two new layers, one for a tram crossing and one I often do for single-lane traffic through road works. ATLS setups I find quite easy once you understand how it can be manipulated into doing what you want it to do.

Hi Stagecoach,

Many thanks for putting together the amended route with the tram junction, having each stage of the junction makes it easier to see how the junction is put together rather than having to try partially disassemble it to find out what is connected to where.

Kind regards,

Gary

For those who are looking at the switcher asset. I just discovered a newer version for TRS19 SP3. It is completely invisible in driver.
<kuid:76656:500101> Sen City Street Switcher TRS19.

Last edited:
Thanks Stagecoach, the SEN city switcher works wonders without needing to configure anything at this stage.

My next traffic-related aim is to create a roundabout using a series of ATLS junctions so any suggestions would be great. I'm working on my UK route at the moment so that should make things less complex than my Euro right-hand drive.

Kind regards.

Gary

Back