Trainz Plus PC Beta Update - #119380

The update for DB ICE 4 fails: downloads, then shows "View Error", but the "Update" button is back again after clicking "Cancel" (as required for almost all updates). Maybe because it is listed twice (simc:1130 says "update" and previewpass:1130 says "Uninstall")?

I see that as well and was going to ask about it. It's related to the beta because the update has no issue in the released build, Build 117669.

After I said that, I then had out-of-date DB ICE 4 trains in 117669. I had to go to My Trainz and select the download in the Content Vault which allowed the download to proceed. 117669 is now up to date, but the status is the same with the beta for these assets.

Last edited:
Thank you for everyone's feedback,

Review of the reported junction issues, has revealed that these all appear to be content issues. They have existed within routes prior the patch, and most can be fixed by adjusting the track height slightly or re-applying the ground textures.

Sebino lake DLC, leaving Brescia station

click to enlarge
more a PBR issue than spline or sleeper

Thank you for everyone's feedback,

Review of the reported junction issues, has revealed that these all appear to be content issues. They have existed within routes prior the patch, and most can be fixed by adjusting the track height slightly or re-applying the ground textures.

In several cases I have had to delete and then add back the track around the junction to fix the issue. I have my shader quality set to "standard" to eliminate all those ground texture issues with track and other objects.

In several cases I have had to delete and then add back the track around the junction to fix the issue. I have my shader quality set to "standard" to eliminate all those ground texture issues with track and other objects.

I found I had to do the same thing on my test route. The reason for that makes sense because of the way the track was laid before. We laid the track to work with the broken version and now we have to fix the track now to work in the update.

On my large test route, I only had a few places to update. For the most part, the rest of the route appeared okay.

Back