Compatibility between versions

HotshotJimmy

Evening all,

I've done a couple searches looking for threads on compatibility across TRS19 versions but, it kept coming back to version numbers. I currently own TRS19 via Steam and a friends looking to join me in Multiplayer but will buy TRS19 through N3V itself and not Steam. Also looking to buy the Platinum version. Would we still be able to connect to each others games or does he need to buy the same version as me? And if so would it work between platforms? I tried the Steam discussions section to see if there was an answer but its search function has always bee a bit iffy.

Kind regards,

Hotshot

There is no difference between the content in the versions except for the amount sold. Platinum has other features such as the UDS and comes with some additional DLC routes included. Regular TRS19 and TRS19 from Steam are the same and the only difference is who sells the versions. Multiplayer routes require that the content be either built-in, is DLC owned by all players, or is located on the DLS.

The problem is the asset build Version number of the route and session. If it is 5.0 and the version of trainz you are running uses 4.9 you have a problem. You can go up but not down.

Ye maybe I'm not being clear. I'm talking about only the different versions of Trs19 available and their compatability between each other. I have seen on Discords that playing between these different versions on Multiplayer is not possible. I cannot re-find the post asking and confirming this isn't possible and I was asking here if anyone has had this issue too?

Example - I have TRS19 through Steam and my friend buys 19 Platinum through N3V website. Would we be able to play Multiplayer?

I think the biggest issue may be the assets used. If you have the earliest version of TRS19, you may only be able to use assets up to version 4.8. Someone with a service pack may be able to use 4.9 assets. Someone with the most recent service pack 5 can use version 5.0 assets. These assets won't be available to someone with the earlier builds.

#question answered

Thank you all for the input, answer is yes since about SP2/3 so we're all good.

Last edited:
Back