build 119122 AI Priority Routing Markers not working

pware

Trainz Veteran
build 119122 AI Priority Routing Markers not working [Resolved]

I have just submitted a bug report on a problem I have encountered in both 119122 and 117669. Priority track markers are being ignored by AI drivers.

I appended a small test track to the report to demonstrate this issue. Basically:-

1. Set up a short test track which branches into 2 tracks and then rejoins into the 1 track. Make sure that one branch is significantly longer than the other.
  2. Add a normal (red) Track Marker to the end of the line (after the branches rejoin).
  3. Set a Priority (purple) Marker on the longer of the two branching tracks and set its priority level to 2.
  4. Add a loco to the start (before the branch) and set its priority to 2 (2 is the default so you would not need to change it).
  5. In Driver give the loco the driver command Drive to Trackmark (name of track mark).
  6. Observe the result.

In my observations the driver always takes the shorter path and ignores the Priority Marker on the longer track. In my experience Priority Markers in earlier versions of Trainz always forced AI controlled consists with the same Priority Level to take the path containing the marker and ignore any shorter paths - unless this has changed recently.

Last edited:
I think track is treated as 2 unless you add a 1 or a 3.

In your description, both tracks would be priority 2, so it would take the shorter one.

Try making the train and track priority 1 on the longer track.

Ahh, yes of course!

Setting the shorter track to a different priority level (1 or 3) to the train (level 2) worked. It was forced to take the longer path.

Thank you. Issue solved.

Back