Are there any nice downloadable Pullman heavyweights with nice bogeys?

JonMyrlennBailey

Are there other kinds of Pullman bogies I can swap out on these traincars? Pullman heighvyweights are my favorite passenger cars. I wish there were some with wheels and underbodies as crisp as those on the V/Line GM/EMD carbody engine as shown.

9ClII0g.jpg

K&L Trainz is always great. But if your looking for freeware look at TrainzForge for updated pullmans.

K&L Trainz is always great. But if your looking for freeware look at TrainzForge for updated pullmans.

Keep in mind that the updated Pullmans by trainboi1 are TRS19 only, as they use PBR textures.

Last edited:
Spend some money and get the passenger trains from K&L Trainz.

They have some nice pay steam locomotives there but no Pullman heavyweights could I find there. I improved my existing DLS Trainz Pullmans with a crisp black truck frame with shiny 3-axle silver wheels:

<kuid2:72938:11100:3> Black Pullman Heavywieght Bogey by mcquire

Here is a Lake Drummond customized with above trucks.

pullman-bogie.jpg

The underbody on this pine green Lake Drummond (by whitepass) looks charcoal gray and foggy like many Heavyweights from DLS. Most Trainz Pullmans are cloned variants with the same ghostly opaque gray underbody parts. The bogey swap now has crsip black frames and shiny silver wheels and springs which make a good contast with vague gray underbodies lacking sharp definition in low light. I modified 9 different Heavyweight cars by whitepass and cmoehrle in this fashion. A simple bogey makeover. This black crisp bogey is a standard feature on <kuid2:72938:11176:2> N&W Pullman Coach 1 V1'09 by mcguirel. I have various Pullman HW's by whitepass and cmoehrle I gave mcguirel's crisp black trucks to. They now look much sharper on my route! Thank you "mac" for your nice bogey! I wish the Pullmans by the other authors could have the same nice black underbodies like "mac's" off-red Pullman's do.

Last edited:
I don't have Lake Drummond, but you may want to try others by Whitepass. The ones I have, have highly detailed bogeys and undercarriages. I do note however, that they look much better in TRS19, whereas the same ones look a much more subdued gray in T:ANE. So part of it may be the Trainz version you are using. Also have a look at Fourteen's set of Pullmans.

Back