Tunnel Trouble

I'm working on a rail line underpass where I have a southbound single track cross under an eastbound track. I want to have a tunnel go through the ground like a "rat-hole" underpass to the eastbound line. But when I tried to put several different tunnels through the ground, the ground got into the tunnel. I did find one tunnel called the EU Tunnel and it's good because it cut right through the ground thus passing to the other side while not touching the ground above it where the eastbound track is. That's the way I want the arrangement to be. However, when it comes to high Autorack cars, the top of the car touches the top of that tunnel.

I need some help and suggestions for a decent tunnel that leaves some room between it and high rail cars. I saw and tried some others but like I said, they don't cut right through the soil and if I try to move the soil for the underpass, it also takes down the ground above it. Anything I'm missing in the procedures? Is there a few tricks I'm unaware of? Could sure use some help.

Thanks.

- RR70

Last edited:
...they don't cut right through the soil and if I try to move the soil for the underpass, it also takes down the ground above it. Anything I'm missing in the procedures? Is there a few tricks I'm unaware of? Could sure use some help.

Thanks.

- RR70

If you set a height to the spline points, it may flatten out the track and get the desired effect

What I would do is make a tunnel from several assets. You can create a tunnel with tunnel portals in the objects tab, embankment splines, and concrete slab splines. Just treat the lower track as being in a cutting and place the above assets into it.

This one has a high clearance

<kuid2:69871:2097:2> LP Tunnel 1t TS12
by philskene build 2.7 on DLS

I just tried this Asset you suggested. Works like a charm! Spot on! It cut right through the ground to the other side and didn't affect the soil and ballast above it. Thanks for your help. ✌️

- RR70

Last edited:
What I would do is make a tunnel from several assets. You can create a tunnel with tunnel portals in the objects tab, embankment splines, and concrete slab splines. Just treat the lower track as being in a cutting and place the above assets into it.

Thanks for your suggestion. I will keep it in mind! ✌️

- RR70

Back