why will this not unload

winjmoore

I have uploaded a Session. "why will this not unload"
it, and the layout includes Track, Loco and a wagon
the Dwight_Coal_Tipple
and a command to drive to Dwight_Coal_Tipple and unload thats it

The issue is that Dwight_Coal_Tipple dose not work
I mean unload the wagon shunt in the next wagon and unload that too, and so on until all wagons are empty

If someone could take a look at the scripting, maybe, and let me know what is wrong. That would be great.
I've emailed the author but no reply
and it's not something i can work out
So in a word,
Help please

I just tested your test route and it does work.

The problem is that the consist of loaded wagons you are using is too long to fit over the coal unloader. I tried it with just a single coal wagon attached to the loco and it unloaded. The stub at the end of the track is just too short.

Perhaps only 2 (or maybe 3) wagons at a time.

Thanks pware
I wish it was that simple
but nope
In the actual Route I'm building their are only 2 wagons to unload
the first wagon almost always unloads but the second one never does
try swapping the unload command with a load command (silly I know) but you will see the train stop 4 times so that says the siding is long enough for 4 wagons
so why don't the first 4 unload ??? That's why i think it's a scripting issue)
Thanks

Last edited:
Thanks pware
I wish it was that simple
but nope
In the actual Route I'm building their are only 2 wagons to unload
the first wagon almost always unloads but the second one never does
try swapping the unload command with a load command (silly I know) but you will see the train stop 4 times so that says the siding is long enough for 4 wagons
so why don't the first 4 unload ??? That's why i think it's a scripting issue)
Thanks

How fast are you approaching the coal tipple?

You need to load or unload at 5 mph/8 kph.

One of the tricks I employ is to have the AI drive to a track mark and wait 20 seconds before pulling through the coal tipple or other industry at the slow speed. This break and pull through has worked for me 100% of the time.

I also tried a manual slow "stop and go" of a short consist (4 wagons) through the tipple until I reached the buffer at the end. Only the last of the trucks unloaded. A separate slow (3kph) non-stop drive through produced different results each time ranging from no unloads to only one or two.

Possibly a scripting issue but I do not know enough about scripting to be able to offer an educated guess.

Unfortunately the creator of that asset is no longer with us, having retired to the "great engine shed in the sky", so this may have to be yet another asset to be sent to the already overloaded Content Repair Group.

Back