Just saddled up to 2022 and a few thoughts:

Gabe170

This game has come quite a ways, I remember playing what was it 2004 (never registered it), and man! However, will we ever see:

independent lighting on locomotives?
Signals that turn off after a consist has cleared a block and there isn't any approaching traffic?

Man I'd love both of these!

This game has come quite a ways, I remember playing what was it 2004 (never registered it), and man! However, will we ever see:

independent lighting on locomotives?
Signals that turn off after a consist has cleared a block and there isn't any approaching traffic?

Man I'd love both of these!

It is amazing how far we've come since TRS2004. The things you are asking for are scripted items and it's up to the content-creator to provide them. Approach-lit signals are already available. Check out the signals by Jointed Rail. I believe their SL-series searchlights have that capability just like their Semaphore signals do.

I'm sure this can be done with the headlights if it hasn't already been done.

It is amazing how far we've come since TRS2004. The things you are asking for are scripted items and it's up to the content-creator to provide them. Approach-lit signals are already available. Check out the signals by Jointed Rail. I believe their SL-series searchlights have that capability just like their Semaphore signals do.

I'm sure this can be done with the headlights if it hasn't already been done.

I take it these are on their website and perhaps this newer searchlight pack?

https://jointedrail.com/product/jr-h-style-searchlight-signal-pack-1/

I tried the pack above and they're not approach-lit. Or maybe I need to do something further to them?

Last edited:
Back