Burlington Northern Hillmont & Roughjack Subdivision

CSXguy3497

Trainz Route Builder
Well, its about time I post about this. I have a current ongoing project to create a fictional subdivision based on the areas in southern Washington and along the WA-OR border.

Set in the 1970s-80s, the H&L Sub will feature "high" detail areas, TOO MANY TREES, and multiple railways. At this point, the primary RRs are the: SP, UP, BN, and my very own, Hillmont Logistics
Screenshot_2022-09-22_045546.png
Screenshot_2022-09-25_172551.png
Screenshot_2022-09-25_172708.png
Screenshot_2022-09-25_172740.png
Screenshot_2022-09-25_172816.png
Screenshot_2022-09-25_172947.png
Screenshot_2022-09-25_173020.png

Nice! I am very interested to see this! What part of the border are you doing? The Columbia River? The gorge? The area east of Umatilla? Walla Walla - Dayton? Whatever it is, I am right here rooting for you! :D

EDIT: Yes, I realize it is fictional, but curious what area it is based on.

A lot of the early areas are based on the tracks coming from ridgefield to longview.

Last edited:
Very nicely done!

And so, it begins. This beginning will lead to a larger and longer addiction to building and then next thing you know you'll be so totally addicted that you'll do nothing else around your house. Your dog will beg you to be walked and fed and your lawn will remain uncut for months on end. Your kids will be unbathed, and your wife will eventually leave you all because you're now addicted to Trainz. :D

Update 1: Rimville Spur updated!

Rimville Industrial spur (featured in photo 2 of main post), contains a small concrete plant, along with a large industry.

"Taking advantage of the cedarwood rich hills around Ridgefield, a logging company has sprung up near Rimville, prompting the BN and HLRR to create a connection off of the (unamed) branch line. With the creation of this spur, the nearby concrete company finally has a rail connection."

-Info based off the Hillmont daily news

unknown.png

Sweet, can't pass up on anything in the pacific northwest region. Looking forward to your continued progress.

Sorry for the lack of updates, I've finally finished the new spur, plus I've named the branchline.

I've called it, the Rimville Branchline. (very creative i know.)

It features a concrete facility and a dry sort rail head. Dry sort loading stuff pictured.
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

Nope, I just took photos of the trains using snip and sketch. Made it look like that probably. (snip and sketch takes only a part of the screen, kinda like cropping an image while taking it.)

Is that your back I see in the very top photo or some unknow railfan? :hehe:

On the serious side.. nicely done!

Hi, I forgot to update it, and yes, it’s been a while, but in DEC 2022 i needed to wipe my laptop. Some progress on the HLRR has been lost, so, I have decided to create a new route. Expect a thread soon :)

ICG trailer is packaged in Fall Harvest - Nebraska. BN Trailer is packaged in Jointed Rail Legacy of the Burlington Northern V2.

ICG trailer is packaged in Fall Harvest - Nebraska. BN Trailer is packaged in Jointed Rail Legacy of the Burlington Northern V2.

No, I reskinned the MOPAC trailer provided with the RRmods TOFC unit. Also, when did LOFTB2.0 have a BN trailer?

<kuid:101046:101358> Trailer Truck 45 Ft BN DES Shows as packaged for me (although DES should be freeware, I think?). When I list dependents, <kuid2:506034:100013:2> Legacy of the Burlington Northern v2 is the Payware package I get. But it also shows these, so maybe it is otherwise available? Or it will show up as a needed dependency.
<kuid2:79433:104241:2> Indiana Western 1970s TS19 1.0
<kuid:433748:100152> Milwaukee Road West-V1

Back