Purchased DLCs can turn "not active" in beta builds at any time?

HPL

A DLC route suddenly became "not active" five days after purchase. After the author: "if you are on a beta build, it will happen. It will re-appear in a few days. If you do not want the interruption, please go back to a retail build." So purchased DLCs can turn "not active" at any time in beta builds and to avoid that must be installed in TRS22 Retail and not Trainz Plus? Trainz Store says: "Compatible with TRS22", no mention of Retail, Plus or Beta builds. Please N3V can you clarify?

Last edited:
We try to ensure compatibility of DLC with the beta builds, but there may be times when a content update is required and we haven't rebuilt the full DLC content set yet.

Beta builds are, by definition, not final builds and therefore not officially supported.

If they start out working then I'd find it strange that they'd change status.

Thank you, but this doesn't answer my question: can a purchased DLC turn "not active" at any time if not installed in a TRS22 Retail non-beta build?

"Not Active" status means that the KUID is listed as a featured asset in a payware DLC resource, and that your username does not have access to that specific KUID.

There are a few main reasons for this:
(i) you haven't purchased the DLC item
(ii) you don't have access to it through a membership
(iii) you have access to the DLC resource but the backend configuration does not have that KUID listed (e.g. it has an earlier version listed)
(iv) the backend configuration is not up to date for the trainzbuild platform you are running (e.g. works in 5.1 and not 5.2)

So for an item to change status from active to inactive, generally it would mean we've updated something for one platform and not for all other platforms.

(i) irrelevant as I have purchased it
(ii) irrelevant as it concerns a purchased item
(iii) and (iv) irrelevant as I could download, install and use it during 5 days

Concerned DLC is "Industrial Mayhem".

You still didn't anwser my question: can a purchased DLC turn "not active" at any time if not installed in a TRS22 Retail non-beta build?

I had to select the DLC in the Content Vault to recover access! Purchased DLCs must now be selected to make them active?

Thanks for the update. That sounds like a bug where the Content Vault status is overriding the purchase state. I will investigate and raise a task.

Back