Thread: S2.0 & Consists

Default S2.0 & Consists

In S1.0 there was a sub tab for Consists in the Trains Tab.

I cannot find this anywhere in S2.0.

Help please.

Ty kindly
    Bruce

United States of America, Alabama, Birmingham

Unless it has been added recently, that is a still to be added feature. You can create consists by selecting the rolling stock and then clicking the teeny tiny icon that looks like a loco front view and choosing "Save to consist asset". I always add "consist" to the name I give it so I can search for it by using consist as the search term. But for the moment, I don't know of a way to access old consists without switching to Classic.
    Last edited by wreeder; September 23rd, 2022 at 08:37 AM.

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by wreeder View Post
    Unless it has been added recently, that is a still to be added feature. You can create consists by selecting the rolling stock and then clicking the teeny tiny icon that looks like a loco front view and choosing "Save to consist asset". I always add "consist" to the name I give it so I can search for it by using consist as the search term. But for the moment, I don't know of a way to access old consists without switching to Classic.
    You can type the name of the train or consist and then choose either a single piece of rolling stock or a consist you want to use. I have specific names for my consists I use all the time which makes searching for them rather easy. I'll use something like 1 --- Very long BNSF Intermodal, for example. I used the numbers to group the consists into categories. Anything prefixed with 1 --- is for my western roads, while 2 --- is for the eastern roads. I have others too for yard consists, passengers - both commuter and long distance, and so on.

For individual consists, I will use something like 2x CR GP40-2 to know that this is a consist of 2 Conrail GP40-2s. I have a number of these with various freight and passenger cars and these really help when populating a route with loose consists and adding in consists to portals for AI driving.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    Trainz-PLUS: 117669

What would be nice is if consists could be added to a Picklist. But even in Classic that doesn't seem to be possible.

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by wreeder View Post
    What would be nice is if consists could be added to a Picklist. But even in Classic that doesn't seem to be possible.
    You can add consists, but that can only be done in Content Manager and not within TRS22+. I just tried it and that's how I found out it worked because I thought the same thing until now.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    Trainz-PLUS: 117669

Thanks John for that discovery.

William