GWR Level Crossings

pitmilly

Am using GWR single and double track crossings (K:46219:24070:1 & 24075:1) on a WIP. Both are working well on the approach of a train BUT what is the approved method (if one exists for these assets) of varying/regulating the train approach/departure distance before the gates close/open.

At present a locomotive just parked up on a connecting track within say 500 -800 scale metres will cause the gates to remain closed against the road traffic. Am sure I have read something about crossing controls but cannot find it. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Many thanks

John

The fixed asset crossing when attached to the track conforms to the default Trainz settings. You can detach the asset from the main track and use ATLS to control them and place an invisible track over the crossing connecting the ends of the main track.
Check out ATLS by creator boat.

The other solution is to use a piece of invisible track and an invisible switch lever. Add in a spline point after your level crossing and then connect the piece of invisible track to that. To hide the obvious junction, replace the switch lever with the invisible one. Here in the US, we have a derailer to do what it says that's placed at the end of a siding to prevent a parked consist from rolling on to the mainline. In Trainz, these work as junction levers and do the same thing and are visible when "set" for derailment.

Thank you John, have made a note of your suggestion.

As I said, have resolved the situation, at least for my needs. I ended up using the 2TRC System V.4. (kuid2:458053:100686:17) The trigger sensitivity setting is variable in 50 metre increments, fore and aft of your chosen track position.

John

Thank you John, have made a note of your suggestion.

As I said, have resolved the situation, at least for my needs. I ended up using the 2TRC System V.4. (kuid2:458053:100686:17) The trigger sensitivity setting is variable in 50 metre increments, fore and aft of your chosen track position.

John

I do that as well as it depends on the location and need such as when the siding or spur is too short for the totally automated solution and the old-fashioned level crossing plus a switch works better. You're welcome.

Back