TRS22 - Retail Beta Update #119119

n3v_laurence

TRS22 - Retail Beta update now available - Windows

Available Builds:
TRS22 Retail PC 117665 to TRS22 Retail PC 119119 - TRS22 Beta patch stream

This is a 9.7 G size update.

Key Features:

• Format update to Trainz Build 5.2
  • New .tzarc compression to reduce file size on disk and increase performance for slower disk drives
  • MPS Fixes and Improvements
  • Change to XAudio2

Change Log:

• TRS22 will now support Trainz Build 5.2

• MPS Stability improvements and Fixes
    • Paint under selected & Smooth ground under can now be undone (MPS)
    • Delete, Merge & Move Layer improvements
    • Misc stability fixes

• New tzarc storage has been implemented
    • Upto 50% reduction for on disk storage
    • Improvement for load times for slower drives & asset heavy routes
    • Smaller file size also leads to potential framerate improvements (depending on hardware and route configuration)

• Added support for XAudio2 (Windows) which replaces OpenAL on Windows platforms.
    • This should resolve a rare crash in OpenAL on some systems.
    • More depth and improve spatial sound effects

• Misc under the hood engine updates

Known Issues:

• Mouse cursor will disappear while holding RMB during a window prompt - work around release RMB and press and hold while moving mouse to return the cursor or switching camera mode.
  • DLC packages will report a failure to download precache data. clicking retry will ignore the error and proceed to complete installation

If you want to use the live version and the beta server, you will need to have two builds installed with two different local data folders

Please use this link to report bugs https://n3vgames.typeform.com/to/xRdryu

Last edited:
Thanks for the update info Laurence,

Downloaded and installed OK, took a long time but it is a big 9.7g update!

Tried a quick test in surveyor of my biggest route, very impressed at the speed and smoothness when moving the camera about.
I'll do some more testing today.

Cheers,

Graham

Does Xaudio support higher bitrate?

Well it's working well on 24bit 96000Hz here and confirmed working on 24bit 192000Hz in the Plus Beta, so presumably yes it does. definitely sounds a lot better, was an issue initially with an earlier plus beta when it didn't but that got fixed.

As usual, I'm confused. I have build 117669 in Trainz+. Does this update affect my version? (it's not suggesting there is an update, so I assume not.)

Paul

As usual, I'm confused. I have build 117669 in Trainz+. Does this update affect my version? (it's not suggesting there is an update, so I assume not.)

Paul

No it doesn't this is for retail TRS22 not Trainz Plus or Trainz Plus Beta.

There is a Trainz Plus update as well - check the Trainz Plus thread for details.

This update is primarily to keep compatibility between the builds.

Back