Trainz Plus Beta update - PC# 119122 PC Steam #119118 Mac #119117 Mac Steam #119109

Tried to edit a session of my own dutch route NLW7 460mb and it loaded fine
Looking at Dutch yard kijfhoek, quite sure I did NOT put that tree spline over the tracks

you can click the pic to enlarge

Disabled all debug and script logging, but UMR2022 simply refuses to open
Am sure it worked fine a few beta versions ago.

Very close to giving up on UMR2022 and/or TRS22, it simply cost me too much time with not enough fun,
while TRS19 build 100240, never fails me and gives me joy every day.

There's a script error showing in your screenshot. Probably not related but worth checking.

The spline looks like it's an out and back stretch, so removing the spline point should fix it (but hard to tell from a screenshot).

<kuid:95512:100451> UMR2022
<kuid:95512:100568> UMR2022 - BASE SESSION

Both the Route and Base Session open fine here. I would think that something installed in your TRS22 local data folder is the culprit rather than the TRS22 build. (Or perhaps something not installed).

Logging won't have any effect on whether it opens or not. I'd check in CM for anything modified, out of date or obsolete.

To prove my theory that it's a content issue, you could always create a fresh install and install UMR from scratch (all 5000+ items).

TY Tony, will try redownload UMR2022
was a bit suspicious when this beta mentioned "spline" fixes,
there were serious issues when we had TRS19SP2, hope it's no repeat of that

Tested UMR2021 521mb, almost as big, and a 5mb session, it loaded in 15sec
so its not my Defender settings or the base TRS22+

here with a SLW steam loc and testing my Set-Driver-Conditions-Rule, count screen

And with my Northlander WIP trainset

testing continues :)

Simply editing a route/session or resuming a saved game and the bug is there. I see it in about 15 routes (including 6 DLCs). First time I noticed this is just after updating to latest beta build.

Same for me - just open any route for editing, sleepers are all missing. No zooming at all.

Now this is weird
-I tried to backup the possibly broken UMR2022 route to .CDP and it said after a few minute, 1 file was too big
-Tried to delete it and it refused
-Then disabled it and deleted
-Went to the DLS in CM searched for UMR2022, first it showed I had it, fidled with the filters
then suddenly it went from greyed out to available
-Choosed "Download this version" and it went
-Opened a new CM window filter "today"
as soon as I saw other files come in, I stopped the download
-Opened the route for edit and opened in 15sec
-Tried my existing session and also open in 15 sec

So it works again, the question remains,
how did it get corrupted, pure by having 2 beta updates?

Whenever i go from the Launcher Screen to [ Start Trainz ] then select [Driver/Surveyor]

Somehow I always end up with "Routes" "Purchased"
It does not show purchased but a combination of my routes and things I could install or purchase

in previous versions it returned to how I left it, prefer "installed"

When I want to look at Locs or Vehicles, the menu truncates while there is plenty space
this has been the case since the first version of TRS19 (4 years ago?),
is there any reason why this interface cannot be repaired?

click pic to enlarge

Last edited:
The sleepers/ties bug finally concerns almost all routes, whatever the track used! This is the most annoying issue I ever encountered in Trainz. Hope it will be fixed quicly!

pvila1.jpg

The track in post #47 definitely has issues. The ties are too thick which is the giveaway. Straightening, adjusting curvature and stretching the track in the switches will eliminate the fat ties and the buried track. I know because I've been fixing similar issues on my own routes.

G M. check the same on that track as well. This can also cause missing switch blades as well if the track isn't stretched out and at the same level.

I think these are more QC issues than bugs because my routes that I've been working on in the beta and in the production-version don't exhibit these issues all over the place and only where the track isn't stretched out or level.

Last edited:
Sleepers missing in the ECML routes, Hinton is actually OK but has a couple of tracks that has wandered of line in loops. Haven't found any of my own routes with any problems.

UPDATE:
We've finally got to the bottom of the issue with missing sleepers on procedural junctions. Interestingly, the bug was originally introduced in TANE SP2 (so over 5 years ago). There was a recent bug fix that made the issue more obvious/reliable in certain [less obvious] circumstances.

We'll be releasing an update asap and hopefully those seeing the issue regularly will be able to confirm we've fixed all the cases they are seeing.

@Tony, just off topic is bug still in TANE build 105766?.

Yes, and every TRS19/TRS22 build in between. But, it appears very rarely, which is why it's been around so long without anyone really noticing. So no need to worry really.

Note also this is related to procedural track and not the fixed track "missing blades" issue which is content/script related.

Back