Settle and Carlisle: why is it changed in Trainz 22

Leo1704

I like playing the classic Settle and Carlisle Route and have it in Trainz 19. I like the pre-1960s feel of the original route, but I see now that the passengers etc are dressed in modern clothing etc. I copied the CDF of my trainz 19 version into the 22 version, but the the passengers were still in the modern clothing etc. Why is it doing this? How can I just bring my original 19 version into the Trainz 22, without these changes and keeping my original version etc.

If you need clarification to my question just let me know.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Leo

I'm having the same problem, but it's with every route. Unfortunately, this i sthe default passenger look, and I don't think you can change it at all. The only way to really fix it is to play on the route in an older version of Trainz.

Sorry about that, but there isn't anything that you can really do as far as I know.

I like playing the classic Settle and Carlisle Route and have it in Trainz 19. I like the pre-1960s feel of the original route, but I see now that the passengers etc are dressed in modern clothing etc. I copied the CDF of my trainz 19 version into the 22 version, but the the passengers were still in the modern clothing etc. Why is it doing this? How can I just bring my original 19 version into the Trainz 22, without these changes and keeping my original version etc.

If you need clarification to my question just let me know.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Leo

The default passenger set has been updated. The old passenger sets are around but you need to update the rolling stock as well as the stations.

Cheerio John

The problem as covered already in another thread about this is N3V in an effort to make TRS22 appeal to the "triple A graphics gamer" crowd added an updated passenger set in TRS22 and above that uses the obsolete tag to obsolete most old built-in passenger sets. That is why it replaces the passengers in S&C and any other route or session that uses one of those older passenger sets. To me this was rather heavy handed but they refuse to remove the obsolete table entries. It was also pointed out that N3V did not have the funds to license more than one new set of passengers for commercial use so the choice was this set of party girls and hipster guys. Welcome to the future of Trainz.

I seem to recall that Zec posted a fix for this in the previous thread about the weird new passengers. It worked on my routes.

This is easily resolved. The quote below is from Zec's post mentioned above:

'Passengers

However, if you do wish to make the <kuid:-25:1355> Prod Passengers 2012 (legacy, 1950s attire) passenger set appear as the default passenger set in your entire Trainz installation, you can use the following steps to obsolete the new <kuid:-25:1487> Prod Passengers 2020 commodity with the legacy passenger asset:

1) Install <kuid:-25:1355> from the DLS
2) Edit the config (right click -> edit -> Edit Config File Text)
3) Copy and paste the following at the bottom of the config file:

obsolete-table
{
0 <kuid:-25:1487>
}

4)Submit the asset.

This should then obsolete the new default passenger asset with the '1950s' style passenger asset on all stations and rolling stock that use the default passenger asset.

To revert this change, simply either delete the obsolete-table entry, or delete and re-download the legacy passenger asset.

NOTE: If the asset is marked as packaged (ie if you have Potteries Loop Line installed), then you will also need to convert the .texture files using a tool such as images2tga from PEV.

We do have a task in our system to look into options for making the passengers set by region, or similar, however I don't have any timeframe for when any changes may come along for this.'

Hope this helps.

ingha

Last edited:
Wonderful thank you ingha! I will certainly try that. Might I trouble you to give me more detail about the Zec post, only if it is not bother:, ie, date of post, which forum etc. That too would be very much appreciated,
Thank you, Leo.

Here is the complete message from Zec: (Thread: "What do I need to do to get reasonable passengers in TRS 22?", this forum, July 2022: Post 24. Search with keywords "legacy passengers".)

'Hi All

Unfortunately a 13+ year old set of people models simply doesn't cut it for modern game releases, and as such we made the decision to update the passenger asset using a high resolution 3D scanned passenger set (unfortunately 3D scanned people tend to be wearing clothing that is very present day looking!). As the vast majority of passenger active content in Trainz uses the 'default' passenger asset, if we update this it will change for all content that uses it.

For this reason we have released the legacy passenger asset, which creators can use if they wish to. For traincars, you can list multiple passenger assets in the passenger queue, whilst for platforms they will be setup to accept /any/ passenger type commodity, however by default they will display the default passengers on the platforms due to this method; it is possible to instead specify the specific commodity you want in the platform instead.

However, if you do wish to make the <kuid:-25:1355> Prod Passengers 2012 (legacy, 1950s attire) passenger set appear as the default passenger set in your entire Trainz installation, you can use the following steps to obsolete the new <kuid:-25:1487> Prod Passengers 2020 commodity with the legacy passenger asset:

1) Install <kuid:-25:1355> from the DLS
2) Edit the config (right click -> edit -> Edit Config File Text)
3) Copy and paste the following at the bottom of the config file:

obsolete-table
{
0 <kuid:-25:1487>
}

4)Submit the asset.

This should then obsolete the new default passenger asset with the '1950s' style passenger asset on all stations and rolling stock that use the default passenger asset.

To revert this change, simply either delete the obsolete-table entry, or delete and re-download the legacy passenger asset.

NOTE: If the asset is marked as packaged (ie if you have Potteries Loop Line installed), then you will also need to convert the .texture files using a tool such as images2tga from PEV.

We do have a task in our system to look into options for making the passengers set by region, or similar, however I don't have any timeframe for when any changes may come along for this.

Regards
Last edited by ZecMurphy; July 13th, 2022 at 02:46 AM.​
Zec Murphy

Customer Support Rep
N3V Games (Auran)

*Please do not use Private Messages for support. Support can only be provided via the helpdesk, or via the forums.'

Last edited:
Back