Clone and Edit Rollingstock

MountE

I like to have just one commodity for each railcar. I've always been able to clone a car and remove all the commodities but one, by editing the config. In 2019 I cannot do this! I get a wrong kuid message when I try to save. Other than removing reference to the unused commodites all I do is make change to the name by added say two letter code to the end of the name. I don't want to upload the item, just use it on my own computer. I use Instant Load command and having one commodity I know that the car has the product needed when it reaches the delivery location.

Rob

What's the error message you are getting?

You should be able to do what you intend to do. You have to remember to remove the KUID from both the list and the KUID-table, otherwise the asset will be faulty.

Hi John
Sorry it took so long to reply. I get an error message "Cannot save the kuid is wrong" I had spent several hours trying to edit the clones with no successes. The next time I tried a few cars worked. I just add two letters to the name of the asset and delete kuids from the body and kuid list. I also clean up the load containers. I'm guessing the assets were not allowing editing. so why can you clone them?

Any way I got a little hyper when I got the same error over and over.

Thanks for your Interest.
Rob

I like to have just one commodity for each railcar. I've always been able to clone a car and remove all the commodities but one, by editing the config. In 2019 I cannot do this! I get a wrong kuid message when I try to save. Other than removing reference to the unused commodites all I do is make change to the name by added say two letter code to the end of the name. I don't want to upload the item, just use it on my own computer. I use Instant Load command and having one commodity I know that the car has the product needed when it reaches the delivery location.

Rob

You need to select the railcar with the ? Properties tool. Then edit the 'load' on the train car. You can apply the same car with the same load with the special icon copy to save time. Once you remove the un-wanted cargo, when you go to your destination, it will only load that product on that car. You should be able to do this in Surveyor, no need to edit config.txt files.

If the railcar does not have a properties window, I would not use it.

Hope this helps

Hi John
Sorry it took so long to reply. I get an error message "Cannot save the kuid is wrong" I had spent several hours trying to edit the clones with no successes. The next time I tried a few cars worked. I just add two letters to the name of the asset and delete kuids from the body and kuid list. I also clean up the load containers. I'm guessing the assets were not allowing editing. so why can you clone them?

Any way I got a little hyper when I got the same error over and over.

Thanks for your Interest.
Rob

Check that all your { } things are paired. If you're missing one, this can cause weird things and false error messages.

Back