launcher.exe block of TS12 by avast Premium Security

edsel

Hi So i just of TS12 I have a steam games so i ready play so after is Blocked by avast premium security so please help

Hi edsel,

Can you find Avast instructions that tell a user how to unblock a program? That would be a good place to start.

I don't use Avast. I can't guarantee what will happen if you follow instructions found on the Internet. Use at your own risk.

Here is the page I found if you want to see it yourself. https://digicruncher.com/avast-wont-let-me-run-a-program/

-- begin quote from page --

Solution 3: Restore From Virus Chest

Adding files to the exception list is a great way to stop Avast from acting on it, but what of the files that are already quarantined by Avast? When Avast locates any malicious file and is unable to repair it, the file is added to the Virus Chest.

Virus Chest is an isolated space that prevents the added malware from accessing your system. You can also send the malicious file to Avast Threat Lab from the Virus Chest to provide them more data on the malware.

After a file is added to the Virus chest, it can be restored. To restore files from Virus Chest, follow the steps given below:

1. Open Avast Security.
2. Click on the Protection option from the left panel.
3. Select the Virus Chest option.
4. Check the boxes of the files you want to restore from the Virus Chest.
5. Click on the 3 dot icon beside the Delete All option. This will open a small menu.
6. Select the Restore and add exception option. This will not only restore the file but also add it to the exception list directly.

-- end of quote from page --

Last edited:
The big problem with Avast and other anti Malware products is false positives. Generally speaking you are safer using the normal windows tools certainly in Win 10 and 11. If Windows is kept up to date with windows updates you should be fine. If you're running windows 7 there are ways to upgrade to win 10 for free.]

Cheerio John

Back