Fishlips DEM

rick1958

Need some help: Years ago Fishlips made a DEM for me, Bridgton Saco River. The download station says it's still there, but 2019 doesn't find it and I can no longer DL using the FTP, so I'm stuck. Any ideas?

CM in TRS19 sometimes has problems finding really old assets as you have experienced. I have found that using the DLS to find the name of the asset and then copying and pasting it into the search field of CM while CM is displaying the list of the Download Station will find the asset. I have no idea why this works but it works for me so I'm happy.

CM in TRS19 sometimes has problems finding really old assets as you have experienced. I have found that using the DLS to find the name of the asset and then copying and pasting it into the search field of CM while CM is displaying the list of the Download Station will find the asset. I have no idea why this works but it works for me so I'm happy.
Thanks...I'll try that if needed next time.

I have been trying this technique, unfortunately with no luck at all with build 11709. I tried all of the following, and even tried searching by KUID, with no luck. The names and KUIDs are copied and pasted directly from the DLS:

North Plat West <KUID2:59012:102989:1>
Tricities <KUID2:59012:102992:1>
Pocatello <KUID2:59012:102144:1>
Boise <KUID2:59012:102143:1>
N Powder-Nyssa <KUID2:59012:102142:1>
Bremerton SML <KUID2:59012:102130:1
Seattle-Blaine <KUID:59012:100137>
Yakima <KUID:59012:101205>

I may try running some of these through CM in 2009, TS12 or T:ANE. Maybe I will have better luck.

I have been trying this technique, unfortunately with no luck at all with build 11709. I tried all of the following, and even tried searching by KUID, with no luck. The names and KUIDs are copied and pasted directly from the DLS:

North Plat West <KUID2:59012:102989:1>
Tricities <KUID2:59012:102992:1>
Pocatello <KUID2:59012:102144:1>
Boise <KUID2:59012:102143:1>
N Powder-Nyssa <KUID2:59012:102142:1>
Bremerton SML <KUID2:59012:102130:1
Seattle-Blaine <KUID:59012:100137>
Yakima <KUID:59012:101205>

I may try running some of these through CM in 2009, TS12 or T:ANE. Maybe I will have better luck.

You need to go one step further as all fishlips dems are on the faulty asset list due to the out of date configs. search the kuid, right click download this version and it will download. just download <KUID2:59012:102989:1> in TRS19 SP5 to check it still works by that method.

That's just the thing. I tried "On Download Station" + "Asset Kuid" <KUID2:59012:102989:1>, and nothing. Except for the white pages DLS, there is no way to bring it up. I tried using the CM on 2009 but did not find any on the list above using that either. Possibly because they are faulty?

As I said sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I have very little success searching for KUIDs in CM while it works perfectly on the website. Over the years, the tag used for an asset's name has changed several times, perhaps CM looks for one tag when searching and ignores all the others. Chris used to blame all the weird behavior in CMP on the fact it was programmed by an intern but CM in TANE was mostly re-written from scratch.

Probably these assets are on the list of the CRG (Content Repair Group), and are hidden from displaying in the CM. When downloaded, these assets show as "Third Party".

Peter

I will try 2012 and T:ANE. If no luck there, I will leave it to my more savvy compatriots. My experience building routes from DEMs is that I am way to OCD trying to get everything prototypical and I make little progress anyway. It was the thought of maybe finding some in familiar areas that was intriguing. Thanks for the tips!

fishlips dem downloads are on the wayback machine, downloads work least the one I just checked did. https://web.archive.org/web/20070112210513/http://www.fishlips.net/Trainz/

The actual site was still there last year but has now gone but I'm pretty sure someone saved the dems on another site but I can't remember which or where.

Thanks, Malc for this link. I had been here before but forgot about it. There are a number of dead folders but that's usually the case with the data portion of the archives. The other site was GAURC.com or something like that, I can't remember. The last time I tried that site it was dead as well and I cleaned up my favorites and removed the link, so we're lucky this one is still available.

I was looking for the DEM from south of Ramsey, NJ to Hoboken on the Port Jervis line that he did called Woodbridge but the file isn't there. Wayback failed to save the cdp when archiving the page with Woodbridge on it. I have the DEM merged from Ramsey, NJ to Binghamton, NY and a DEM with Hoboken in it called New York Cross Harbor but much of the NJ section is missing unless I do it by hand. I did make a slope down from Ramsey, NJ south so that I can use zero elevation baseboards the rest of the way to the Hoboken DEM.

Back