TRS22, TRS19 with 3 more faults ?

K3JohnHO

I have been running TRS22 Trainz+ (lease version) for a couple of days and have struck 3 problems excluding an import local data problem.

Could not get TRS22 to accept my TRS19 data by changing the 'local Data' directory data as per instruction. I tried a brute force approach of importing the Local data and it worked.

1. Trainz no longer 'Focuses camera on first Driver' in 'Driver Setup' despite repeated tick/unticking tick box and saving the session each change. Really annoying!

2. Takes several attempts of Ctrl+RClick, 'View Details...' to get the pop-up on locos and wagons.

3. Often, when switching between trains, Ctr+1-7, Ctrl+ and Ctrl-, I now get only terrain, no roads, no fences, no power lines, no bridges, no abutments, no signals, no track and no train. Takes several seconds to update most times and on occasion, it does not fully update until I switch away and return. (Windows 11, i7-10700K, RTX-2060s, 32G Ram.)

So far, I see this as only an update and poorly implemented at that. (Still stutters on half sync at random, EITowers in use?).

And I haven't even tried survey 2.0 yet!

Hi John,

The last two items are known. The slow load is annoying and is more of an issue I found with sessions than routes probably due to the amount of content in a session compared to the route.

When you setup your database, did you edit the path in the Trainz settings off of the Launcher?

Once updated, TRS22 will do a quick database translation and restart. With your login already in place, this will keep your settings.

The half-sync versus the other sync settings. I noticed there's a change in the performance as well. Try none or full sync and see if that makes a difference.

Try a new session and see if that works for your drivers. I have no issues with that at all with my setup.

1. Trainz no longer 'Focuses camera on first Driver' in 'Driver Setup' despite repeated tick/unticking tick box and saving the session each change. Really annoying!

In my experience, this came about with the introduction of UDS. The session begins wherever the screen was when you last saved in surveyor. I don't like it, but it is a pretty easy work-around. I do not use UDS, but the situation still persists even with standard save and open approach. You might search around for a Rule that will do this and works. I could not seem to get SetCamera to work either.

Last edited:
2. Takes several attempts of Ctrl+RClick, 'View Details...' to get the pop-up on locos and wagons.

A workaround that I find works is to zoom out from the selected vehicle. If your camera point of view is "too close" (and that seems to have a variable meaning) then the Crtl+RClick does not work.

Slow loading of terrain and other assets following any change to your local data folder and other recent updates to your programs indicates that Trainz is likely pre-caching assets upon session run/ opening.
Strongly recommend that you run the TrainzUtil.exe 'prebuild' command (found in the Launcher Developer menu) on your recently installed builds - especially any Trainz+ beta builds - to precache all installed assets.
You'll find things load much faster (and imperceptibly) afterwards.

Last edited:
Slow loading of terrain and other assets following any change to your local data folder and other recent updates to your programs indicates that Trainz is likely pre-caching assets upon session run/ opening.
Strongly recommend that you run the TrainzUtil.exe 'prebuild' command (found in the Launcher Developer menu) on your recently installed builds - especially any Trainz+ beta builds - to precache all installed assets.
You'll find things load much faster (and imperceptibly) afterwards.

WOW I tried this and definately loads a lot faster especially with large routes...

To focus a driver you can add Cut Scene and a child rule Cinematic Camera to the session rules at the end. The Cinematic Camera can be focused to your loco.

Back