Creating a Train Order for a Consist

davemare

I operate in 1901, and use Time Tables and Train Orders.

I think I finally have the Time table working through the Schedule Rule. (interesting that each time table for a consist requires the addition of a new Schedule Rule within a session?)

Next I would like to issue a Train Order for "Extra" consists.

Any ideas on how i could create a Train Order to an Engine or Consist? I would like it to pop up once the train is active and have access to the order during the session.

I have used Objectives in a session before, however these seem more aligned to the session and a specific consist ie switch list rather than the train order for a specific consist.

Thanks

dave

Further thinking,i might try creating as a pop up message in a session using a trigger for each consist. I could the also add rules at key speed locations with a pop up.

Every time I've asked about these kinds of 'management' functions, I kept getting a "soon" response.:eek: I suspect the 'more graphics' voices are louder & more persistent. :(

I spent the last year figuring out how to fudge Trainz to create Time Tables and Train Orders and now have an operational session that follows prototype CPR in the early 1900s.

Video of the operating session using TT &TO is found at Youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR0XcTR4-40&pp=ygUMdHJhaW56IGMmd3Jy

So how did I do it.

1. Time Tables- there isn't a mechanism to drive trains to a schedule, so you have to program the driver rules to create the route that your train will follow for the time table. However, to track how you are doing against a time table, under the session, you can add the function called Schedule Rule for each train (yes you need a separate Schedule Rule for each train), then you edit the Schedule rule, add the train name and add your stops, arrival time and departure time. When running a session, if you select the driver for the train, and open the Schedule Info under the Windows icon. It will track with stop lights arrival time, departure time and running late. I found that the best way to complete the Schedule rule was to run a session, and record the time that the train arrived and departed at each station, then I added this into the Schedule rule. Note I add 1 min as the schedule rule works to seconds.

2. Clearance Forms- I used the Message Pop Up function within a Session. I tied it to a Trigger for each train that I placed on exit from the Roundhouse. I used a CPR Clearance form within the message. Here is an example
Canadian Pacific Railway Clearance Form -----------------------------------------------------------
Station: Smelter Jct Date: September 01,1901
Train: C and E Engine #111 Extra
----------------------------------------------------------
There are 04 Orders for your Train
Order No. 01a
Order No. 01b
Order No. 01c
Temp Slow Order no. 03
There are no more Orders for your train
-----------------------------------------------------------
The next train ahead left this station at: NA
O.K. 0700 Dispatcher: H. Lewis
Operator: J Blow

3. Train Orders I used the Message Pop Up function within a Session also. I tied it to the Clearance form as a child. I used a CPR Train Order form within the message. I also used this for Temporary Slow Orders Each TO and TSO is a unique child tied to the Clearance Form ( i indented and do not pause each one)

4. Registration Books: I used the Message Pop Up function within a Session. I tied it to a Trigger situated as the train entered the Registration station . I used a CPR Registration Book form within the message. For these I ran a session and recorded the time that a train would enter the registration Station, and then i entered that time into the message. This is really usefull in a sesison as I can now tell if a train is on time with registration messages.

5. Consist ( Switching) Lists- I created these using the Objective Functions. However, I found them to be distracting. Since I have programed all of my switching into the Driver rules, they didn't add much value, so i removed them.

So in summary, I have replicated all of the TT&TO Functions using what is available in TS 19, and it seems to pass the proto guys test.

a great reference document with forms examples is found through the NMRA.

davemare
Columbia and Western RR 1901

I can only imagine the effort that went into this. You must be pleased with the outcome of such a venture. The vid you posted is very succinct and I applaud you.

Well done that man.
Cheers,
Val.

Back